Danny Trevathan played one of his best games with the Bears, taking advantage of the work put in by his defensive linemen to make a number of plays to stop Cook from getting going.
The Minnesota Vikings' offense was nowhere to be found Sunday afternoon in Chicago. A month earlier, the quarterback was picked off twice and the Minnesota rushing attack was held to 22 yards on 14 attempts.
I thought this might have been Nagy's best game as a Bear.
Nine Sundays out of 10, there is no way the Bears can line up with Kyle Long, Taylor Gabriel, Mike Davis, Bilal Nichols, Akiem Hicks and Roquan Smith in street clothes, then lose Mitch Trubisky for the day on their opening possession, and still hang with nearly any National Football League team, let alone the Minnesota Vikings with one of the NFL's best running games and defenses.
Minnesota is a two-point underdog at Soldier Field in Week 4, according to the latest betting line at OddsShark.
So far through four games, the Vikings have beaten up on bad teams (Atlanta, Oakland) and looked extremely vulnerable to two division rivals (Green Bay, Chicago). Maybe I'm just betting on a mustache.
Kirk Cousins is who we thought he was. The Bears went 2-0 against the Vikings previous year, outscoring Minnesota 49-34 in two contests that weren't particularly close. WR Taylor Gabriel had six catches for 75 yards with career-high three TDs before sustaining concussion.
Through four weeks (but before the Bengals-Steelers game on Monday night), Cousins ranks 25th in passing yards, tied for 26th in touchdown passes, and 23rd in passer rating. I understand where y'all are coming from, but out of respect to this right now, I just want to leave it at that.
Not super reassuring, obviously, but keep in mind that every injury is different and we should learn more about the severity of Trubisky's within the next day or so. Daniel hooked up with wide receiver Anthony Miller for a five-yard gain to move the chains, and Chicago rolled down the field and kicked a field goal on the last play of the first half.
Burton showed up on the injury report again because the Bears practiced inside the Walter Payton Center on artificial turf Friday, and they generally take extra caution on that playing surface.
So yes, today's win was a great team win with their defense stepping up big time against the Vikings' tough run game, but losing Mitchell Trubisky on the first drive was the real loss for this game. It was my fault. Football is a team game, after all.
- Movie theaters ban masks, costumes at 'Joker' screenings
- Marvel cancels plans for live-action ‘Ghost Rider’ series
- Kyrie Irving suffers a face injury in pickup game with Brooklyn Nets
- Pulp diction: Amazon's Alexa to feature Samuel L. Jackson's voice
- Kanye West’s ‘Jesus Is King’ Documentary Film Coming Next Month
- Freddie Kitchens responds to Rex Ryan's 'asinine' statement on Baker Mayfield
- Tony Romo may skip National Football League game Sunday so he can golf
- Scotland defeated by Ireland in tournament opener
- Tesla Adds Spotify, Netflix, YouTube and Hulu Support
- McConnell Urged Trump To Release The Ukraine Call Memo