Sanchez's time at Old Trafford has no doubt been seen as an unmitigated disaster, while Lukaku never truly found his stride in the North West, and Solskjaer has now revealed that he had to let the Belgian leave because he didn't want to play for the club anymore.
Get the latest sports news updates. I'm not saying that - it's just not the newest. I'm surprised anyone would need AstroTurf in this sort of climate. However, the manager reiterated there was no point signing a quick replacement, if he as well was not 100 percent sure either.
"It seems like it has been used a lot".
"I think he has been brilliant, a good honest guy". "I'm surprised AZ have chosen to play in this pitch, to be honest".
De Gea, Romero, Grant, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Rojo, Williams, McTominay, Matic, Fred, Garner, Pereira, Mata, Lingard, Gomes, James, Chong, Rashford, Greenwood.
"There was a lack of quality from both teams tonight".
"But you have to play a different style of football on AstroTurf".
What does he do to get more out of them? It's impossible to make a misplaced pass, so you can't complain'.
Pogba was rushed back to start during Monday night's 1-1 draw with Arsenal but once again the Frenchman aggravated his ankle injury and Man Utd have now confirmed the midfielder needs a "period of rest" to finally overcome the problem.
"There were strikers, but they weren't the ones we wanted".
"If we had the right one, if it was there, we would have [signed someone]", Solskjaer added. It's a massive game in this group. You would normally think they would blow these away. It's an important game for us to get a result, and this is the competition we're competing in now'.
The former Croatia global could be one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's target as Manchester United want to bolster their attacking depth next January.
'You keep talking about concerns, ' he said.
While United have struggled, Lukaku has flourished since his club-record move to Inter, where the Belgian star has scored three goals to lead Antonio Conte's men to six wins from as many Serie A fixtures.
United beat Chelsea 4-0 in their opening game but their only league victory since was a 1-0 win over Leicester City.
"There are many things we look at and many things that give me loads of confidence", he said.
- GOP congressman blasts as 'repugnant' Trump civil war tweet
- Voting opens in Austria with Sebastian Kurz likely to regain power
- Trump sought Australia's help on Russia probe origins
- House of Representatives demands Giuliani's documents on Ukraine
- Disgruntled Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey reportedly calls in sick
- Liverpool must be vigilant, Man City getting greedy in scoring goals
- Don’t expect to see LeBron James much this preseason
- Peloton pedals its way to the high end of its IPO price
- Bishopbriggs woman is set to strut catwalk for cancer care
- Ex-Dallas cop Amber Guyger guilty in neighbor's death