Zelenskiy, an actor himself who played the president in a TV show before being elected the real thing in April, joked with Cruise about how exhausting it is being president and talked about steps his government was taking to attract foreign film producers. They think we can do this by the end of the year.
Zelensky, a former actor and comedian, welcomed Tom Cruise to a meeting in his Kiev office on Monday.
Zelenskiy has largely tried to avoid making public statements on the scandal since it erupted two weeks ago.
"This is just another Fake News Media, together with their partner, the Democrat Party, HOAX!" the president tweeted. "By Halloween. You know, what is the point of any investigation?"
Ukrainian officials were unaware that the US had held up military aid to the country until late August, one month after a phone call between President Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart, according to a Wednesday report from BuzzFeed.
"Biden mentioned, he has never spoken to his son about his overseas business dealings", pointing the finger at President Trump.
Burisma was mired in allegations of corruption, which led Ukraine's Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to launch an investigation into the company.
The Ukraine has a new law offering subsidies to foreign filmmakers in an effort to attract investment in the country.
Shokin told John Solomon of political Hills magazine last week that before he was sacked, his office was investigating Burisma, and he was making plans to ask Hunter Biden "about $3 million in fees that Biden and his partner, Archer, collected from Burisma through their American firm".
During his Oval Office rant, Trump said that whoever discussed the Ukraine call with the whistle-blower, leading to the complaint is 'a spy'. It was normal. You read it. "I used to be economical director", he said.
- SpaceX's Starship halves come together ahead of a big event
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Ex-Dallas cop Amber Guyger guilty in neighbor's death
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Bishopbriggs woman is set to strut catwalk for cancer care
- California just signed a law that allows college athletes to get paid
- Liverpool must be vigilant, Man City getting greedy in scoring goals
- GOP congressman blasts as 'repugnant' Trump civil war tweet
- DoorDash reports data breach affecting 4.9 million people
- Historic Winter Storm to Impact the Northern Rockies & Northwest