Williams, according to Today, was also largely behind the bid to allow National Football League players to wear pink cleats in October in light of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
"Breast Cancer Awareness Month is very important to me".
"DeAngelo wants to ensure that no woman (or man) fights breast cancer alone", Risalyn Williams, Williams's wife and the executive director of the foundation, said in a statement to Today.
Get our award-winning magazine!
Rawalpindi Medical College Vice chancellor Professor Dr Muhammad Umar Wednesday said that there was need to educate women about self-examination because breast cancer did not affect only woman but the whole family bears consequences in terms of social and financial impacts.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, each year in the United States, more than 245,000 women get breast cancer and more than 40,000 women die from the disease.
As of August, the cancer society had raised $67 million for breast cancer research nationwide.
"It's extremely important you know, early detection is the best for prognosis and what we're looking for are things that you can not feel".
"In fact some paramedics admit some of the worst cases and hardest calls they attend to are the patients who are suffering in the end stages of life from cancer".
Deputies at the Summit County Sheriff's Office are wearing pink patches on their uniforms this month to support breast cancer awareness. In terms of modifiable risk, maintaining a healthy weight as well as being physically active can lower risk of breast cancer and other health problems in women. Mammography is considered to be the best screening test for the detection of breast cancer. While it is a crucial step to go for regular screenings, checkups, the truth is, people won't always know what breast cancer can look like.
- Brexit deal is essentially impossible ever, says Downing Street source
- 2 killed in shooting in eastern Germany, 1 arrested
- Nick Jonas is replacing Adam Levine on NBC's 'The Voice'
- San Francisco trounce Cleveland to improve to 4-0
- Atlanta Braves' rally shows their Major League Baseball postseason run could have legs
- Last chance Brexit saloon: British and Irish leaders to meet
- Trade talks with China resumes on Thursday
- Johnson tells United States to return diplomat's wife who killed teenager
- Ukraine president denies Trump 'blackmailed' him to investigate Biden
- Sharp rise in Iraq death toll despite cleric's call to calm protests