William and Kate's visit brought back memories for many Pakistanis who still love the late Lady Diana for her humanitarian work.
William and Kate walked on a red carpet through the holy building with the imam before being given a tour of the inside, where they heard a Koranic verse.
"Over 20 years on, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit the children's ward at the hospital today to spend time with patients undergoing treatment, and speak with their families", read the Instagram post.
Following their trip to the mosque, the couple paid a visit to the Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, where they met children suffering from cancer and also visited the department hosting the hospital's radiation machine.
Earlier that same day, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge showed off their sporty side when they visited the National Cricket Academy in Lahore.
The pair then joined the children for a friendly game of cricket at the National Cricket Academy. "She came here three times".
As the couple toured the iconic religious site, Catherine followed the country's customs and covered her head with a lovely headscarf that matched her outfit perfectly.
The British royals' plane carrying them to the country's capital, Islamabad, on October 17 was forced to turn around and head back to Lahore as a terrifying storm struck.
For the mosque and subsequent children's hospital visit, Kate changed into a teal green salwar suit.
As we reported, when Kate and William visited the Islamabad Model College for Girls earlier this week, he was told the students were "big fans of [his] mother".
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as well as everyone else on the plane, were fine.
- Manchester United's Paul Pogba, David De Gea To Miss Liverpool Clash
- Rams' Jalen Ramsey: Heading to L.A.
- Small details you missed in the new Fortnite map
- Prince William and wife Kate fine after plane twice aborts Islamabad landing
- Zach Brown cut by Eagles
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Google Announces Nest Router with Smart Speaker, Nest Mini, Affordable Pixelbook Go
- Google Stadia launches November 19
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Separatist protesters set fire to barricades in streets of Barcelona