Perry has created controversy because of his connections to President Donald Trump's phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
Perry has already been subpoenaed to testify as part of the U.S. House's impeachment inquiry. Earlier reports said the secretary was planning on leaving the administration, but Perry did not confirm those reports. Regarding the Biden issue, Perry told the Christian Broadcasting Network, "As God is my witness, not once was a Biden name - not the former vice president, not his son - ever mentioned".
The White House charged in a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi last week that its impeachment inquiry was "illegitimate" and "unconstitutional", and that it would not participate in the investigation. He was tapped to attend Zelenskiy's inauguration last May. He was subpoenaed by House Democrats to hand over documents related to the Ukraine scandal by October 18.
Rush, who has worked well with the Energy secretary, added, "Perry came in contact with evil, and evil corrupted his spirit".
Perry was the longest-serving governor in Texas history having served for fourteen years from 2000 to 2015.
Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.), the Energy and Commerce Committee ranking member, said in a statement that "anyone who has the pleasure of meeting or working with Secretary Perry knows the enthusiasm and energy he brings to DOE".
When Perry was running as a Republican candidate in the 2016 election cycle, he had initially criticized Trump. But, Trump said Perry would stay on until the end of the year.
The world Perry moves in as he promotes USA natural gas is rife with fringe characters, says Edward Chow, an expert in Eastern European and worldwide energy at the Center for Strategic and global Studies, a think tank. He said past year that a rash of coal and nuclear retirements was "alarming" and posed a looming crisis for the nation's power grid. The photos show Perry hugging Murray and the coal boss handing Perry an "action plan" to help the coal companies.
As energy secretary, by most accounts he has been an active and eager leader, visiting the country's research labs and touring power plants.
He said in an interview that during his time in the Army, he became interested in nuclear weapons and national security.
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Disrespected and disregarded, Carrie Lam misses another opportunity to calm the protests
- League of Legends: Wild Rift is coming to PS4 in 2020
- Kremlin says worried by humanitarian fallout from Turkey's Syria incursion
- Sondland asked Ukrainians at White House about firm linked to Hunter Biden
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Google Stadia launches November 19
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Pixel 4 XL display is rated as the "best smartphone screen"
- Trump blasts 'crazy' Nancy Pelosi and Democrats, defends Syria pullout