Pakistan Army confirmed the Indian fire and alleged that civilians were "deliberately" targeted.
Three Indian civilians were injured and some buildings and vehicles destroyed because of several hours of heavy shelling by both sides in the Tanghdar region in northern Kashmir late on Saturday night, a senior police official said.
If Pakistan continued with such activities, the Indian Army would not hesitate to retaliate, the Army chief asserted.
Intelligence reports have revealed that terrorists of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed and Lashkar-e-Taiba have been kept in waiting along the LoC to be pushed into the Indian territory, whenever they sense a chance.
Elaborating upon the operation, Rawat said the Indian Army used artillery guns to target terrorist camps in PoK.
India on Sunday targeted four terrorist launch pads in Pakistan administered Kashmir using artillery guns after Pakistan opened fire on Indian positions along the line of control border Kashmir, two people familiar with the developments said.
"So far, as per the information available with us, 6-10 Pakistani soldiers have been killed and almost as many terrorists", General Rawat said, adding that more information on terrorist casualty was being obtained. Two jawans were also injured in Akhnoor sector of Jammu district after Pakistan had resorted to shelling.
"It is a good thing that they were bombed", he added.
Also, the Foreign Office spokesperson categorically rejected Indian media reports about "launchpads" which India claims it targets along the LoC. It said Pakistan is willing to arrange a visit of the P5 diplomats to those locations to expose "Indian falsehood". The state has been under a near-complete lockdown since August 5.
The centre says restrictions are being lifted gradually.
On Aug. 5, India's Hindu nationalist-led government stripped Kashmir of its semi-autonomous status and imposed a strict crackdown, sending in tens of thousands more additional troops to the region, which is already one of the highest militarised zones in the world. China also controls part of the contested region, but it is India and Pakistan who have fought two wars over Kashmir.
- League of Legends: Wild Rift is coming to PS4 in 2020
- Hong Kong protesters rally in defiance of police ban
- Boris Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Kate Middleton, Prince William’s plane diverted during electrical storm in Pakistan
- Turkish President Erdogan Binned Trump's Letter On Syria
- Tropical Storm Nestor forms, threatening US Gulf Coast
- UK Brexit showdown: All the latest updates
- Top smartphones for gaming