Forecasters confirmed the twisters Tuesday after surveying damage throughout North Texas. Straight-line winds up to 90 miles per hour were along and south of the tornado's track for much of its lifespan.
Another tornado hit Rowlett, this one an EF-1 tornado.
"Stay sheltered until the storms have passed", it said.
"Treacherous weather will continue to strike various regions of the state - especially North & East Texas".
There were no known deaths or serious injuries.
According to Oncor, there were approximately 65,000 customers in Dallas experiencing a service interruption due to this storm. Around 60,000 of those customers were within Dallas, according to the city, which is opening a shelter by 2 a.m.
Dallas residents are now waiting for power to be restored in many parts of the city.
Meantime Dallas ISD has added more schools to the closure list. The school district said in a tweet that they anticipate being able to open schools Tuesday.
"The jet stream is the thing that creates and steers individual storms and also sets up large-scale patterns", she said in the spring, according to the Post.
Multiple thunderstorm warnings remained in place as of early Monday. The Richland College Guadalupe Building is without power completely and is closed until further notice.
Police and emergency personnel have been going door to door in different neighborhoods across north and northeast Dallas, evaluating damage and providing help when necessary.
"It's like a war zone, a disaster", Richardson resident Gizaw Gedlu said.
"We just sat in the bathtub and sang songs, trying to keep everyone calm", Lauren Collins said. "We are also working with local power and gas utilities to support their efforts".
The storm also effected surrounding states including Missouri and Arkansas - where one person was killed by a falling tree.
- Hong Kong protesters pray, gird for unauthorized rally
- Chile's Pinera extends state of emergency, says 'we are at war'
- Trump scraps plan to host G-7 at his Florida golf resort
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Drug firms settle landmark opioid addiction case out of court
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Facebook removes scores of inauthentic accounts, one targeting United States 2020 election
- Trump Drops Plan To Host G-7 Summit At His Miami Resort
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager