Hours after the manager said his team "has always believed in itself" and will continue to do that, it was like the Cardinals forgot how to play baseball.
"But it gets down to getting good pitches to hit and putting a good swing on it".
Carpenter, a profession.481 batter with the bases full, grounded out to second baseman Brian Dozier, a defensive alternative who briefly misplaced the ball earlier than gathering it and throwing to first to finish that inning. "When this team is rolling like they're doing, you're trying to stop the damage, keep it close, and things like that happen". Then they coasted from there.
"Often, bumpy roads lead to handsome places", supervisor Dave Martinez stated, "and this is a attractive place".
"Clearly, we're going to fight for every game regardless of where we are", Shildt said.
Neither team managed a single run after the first inning, leaving the two pitching staffs to duke it out for eight quick innings.
In the first two games of the series, Nationals starters Anibal Sanchez and Max Scherzer flirted with no-hit bids. Are we really allowed to say that word, finally? "We fought back in and had a chance to win the game".
The major league catcher has played for the Washington Nationals, Oakland Athletics and Minnesota Twins over the years, but this is his first time he will be playing in the World Series.
"I just kept counting down: We're 12 outs from the World Series".
Anyway, enjoy what you want to enjoy, and jump on bandwagons fully and happily if and when it makes you happy.
The fourth game of the NLCS between the Cardinals and Nationals will start at 8:05 p.m. ET and will be shown on TBS.
That's not almost enough for Cardinals fans to hope a two-wins-in-three-games showing in Washington will get the series back to St. Louis for Game 6 next Friday.
- Russia-Africa Summit: Event hosts 3000 delegates from Russia, Africa
- Cody Simpson Reacts to Backlash for Miley Cyrus' Comment About Being Gay
- Chelsea without Barkley, Kanté and Rudiger for Ajax clash
- Pep Guardiola Provides Update on Rodri Following Injury Suffered in Atalanta Win
- United Kingdom 'pauses' production of Brexit coin
- Samsung unveils new Exynos mobile chip
- Google Promises New Pixel 4 Software Update to Fix the Smooth Display
- Google claims 'quantum supremacy'; others say hold on a qubit
- Washington Nats fans boo Trump, chant 'Lock him up!'
- Kremlin comments on statement of US Special Representative for Syria on Kurds