New Orleans quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has a ideal record as a starter after taking over for Drew Brees in Week 2, but the NFL's all-time leader in passing yards is reportedly set to take over the starting job Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.
Brees was given a six-to-eight week recovery timetable after undergoing surgery for the injury he suffered in Week 2. He originally hinted at his return Sunday, calling it a "goal" of his, per ESPN's Mike Triplett, a sentiment head coach Sean Payton echoed. And over the last five games, the Saints are undefeated with three of the five wins coming against playoff teams from last season.
"I did not do my job on that play, " Murray said.
"This was kind of the week that I had in my mind from the moment that I got hurt", Brees said.
The Jets doubted the severity of the injury and team physicians cleared Osemele, who has not played since Week 3.
Brees, the National Football League career passing-yardage leader, practiced all week.
Brady threw two touchdowns and 259 yards, connecting with favoured receiver Julian Edelman twice for scores in the first and third quarters.
To be fair, the New Orleans Saints will probably win this game either way against the Arizona Cardinals, but we should not take them for granted. He put up the kind of numbers New Orleans has come to expect from him - completing 34 of 43 passes for 373 yards with three touchdowns and one interception - and he didn't show any significant signs of rust. "When it's fourth-and-1, man, we've got to just find a way". They also had a punt return touchdown against Seattle, a blocked punt in Chicago for a safety and downed numerous punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line. "We'll see. Both those guys got a lot of work this week". Thus, I like the Cardinals to hold their own defensively and do just enough against a stingy New Orleans defense to stay within the spread. Not practicing were WR Tre'Quan Smith (ankle), TE Jared Cook (ankle), RB Alvin Kamara (ankle/knee), CB Patrick Robinson (hamstring) and S J.T. Gray (ankle).
- Google Promises New Pixel 4 Software Update to Fix the Smooth Display
- UK speaker rules against another Brexit deal vote
- Chelsea without Barkley, Kanté and Rudiger for Ajax clash
- Tiger, facing one last hurdle, stands just seven holes away from history
- Kremlin comments on statement of US Special Representative for Syria on Kurds
- Trump says IS leader killed in United States military operation in Syria
- Mohamed Sanu said Tom Brady offered him his jersey number
- Bethesda Is Now Selling $150 Annual Subscriptions For Exclusive Fallout 76 Features
- 'Impeach Trump' banner hangs at Nationals Park during World Series Game 5
- United Kingdom 'pauses' production of Brexit coin