As the tweet says, House of the Dragon is co-created by A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin and Colony writer/producer Ryan Condal. Miguel Sapochnik, who won an Emmy for directing the famed "Battle of the Bastards" episode, will serve as one of the showrunners.
Reports suggest that Jane Goldman, who was developing the series has sent out e-mails to the actors who were part of the series about the show getting shelved.
When reached, HBO declined to comment on the news. The duo and others have admitted that the original GoT pilot was a mess that required to be nearly entirely re-shot at great expense before HBO execs would give the go-ahead to take the project to series.
While HBO Max launches in May 2020, the specific release date for House of The Dragon is to be announced. Fans in the United Kingdom watched GoT on Sky Atlantic/NowTV while Austrailian fans kept up with the hit show on Foxtel Now, so the new series will likely be available on those platforms when it releases.
Naomi Watts starred in the pilot as a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret; Josh Whitehouse, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Ivanno Jeremiah, Georgie Henley, Alex Sharp and Toby Regbo also had roles.
HBO's straight-to-series order for House of the Dragon means it will avoid a lengthy development process like the other prequel series and even the flagship series had to go through.
HBO has officially announced that the first Game of Thrones prequel to see the light of the day will be titled House of the Dragon.
Let us know below and stay tuned to Heroic Hollywood for the latest news on the HBO's plans for the Game of Thrones franchise.
- South Africa wins against Wales
- Google claims 'quantum supremacy'; others say hold on a qubit
- Trump says Chicago an embarrassment to US
- Trump says IS leader killed in United States military operation in Syria
- Apple debuts AirPods Pro with noise cancelling, higher price
- Kanye West Announces A New Album 'Jesus Is Born' Dropping On Christmas
- What's Next: Depositions turn to the White House
- Washington Nats fans boo Trump, chant 'Lock him up!'
- South Africa heads to RWC final after tight win over Wales
- Essex Lorry Driver Remanded In Custody In England