And while some players within Arsenal's squad seemed to prove a real point to Emery, Carragher suggested after the game that Mustafi was definitely not one of them. Although neither of the goals were hard, the Brazilian showed good awareness to get into the goalscoring positions, showing Arsenal that there will be life at the club should Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette leave.
Kelleher started in the Third Round win over the MK Dons back in September, but many fans presumed that with Alisson now back fit and playing Premier League games, that second-choice 'keeper Adrian would be in goal for the League Cup clash.
Just like Klopp gives opportunities to fringe players in the Carabao Cup, he's given the opportunity to Lijnders to go in front of the press and hone his skills talking to reporters.
It looked as if the visitors had won it, but Origi had other ideas, acrobatically volleying home from Neco Williams' cross to force the contest to penalties, seeing the Anfield crowd erupt with ecstasy.
James Milner made a costly error with a horrific backpass that allowed Arsenal starlet Ainsley Maitland-Niles through on net.
And it quickly became apparent why Emery has chose to use him sparingly this term.
Jurgen Klopp has hailed Trent Alexander-Arnold as the flawless example of how Liverpool's "hungry" youngsters can become first-team regulars.
However, Arsenal's defence still looked incredibly fragile, managing to ship four goals to a Liverpool attack who have rarely played together.
There were, positives, there were negatives, and then there were things so bad they needed their own category.
Mustafi inadvertently bundled the ball past Emiliano Martinez with his knee to put Liverpool ahead before Torreira appeared to come from an offside position when he side-footed home the equaliser.
- Samsung teases clamshell folding phone in new video
- Kayla Mueller's father glad that 'evil' ISIS leader al-Baghdadi 'is gone'
- Army officer who listened to Trump's Ukraine call voiced concerns
- Boeing to testify before Senate, following 2 deadly 737 MAX crashes
- HBO orders 10 episodes of Game of Thrones prequel
- Benioff and Weiss No Longer Making New Star Wars Trilogy
- Fact Check: President Trump's Plans For Syrian Oil
- Doubts over Trump's dramatic account of Baghdadi raid
- Parliament confirms general election will take place in December
- PG&E warns up to 2.1 million may lose power