Getty Joel Embiid and Karl-Anthony Towns fight on Wednesday. While Embiid quickly exited the pile - mostly composed of team security and assistant coaches - but Simmons remained quite literally locked in on Towns for what felt like ages.
"It's awesome just to see the love I've gotten here come around 10-fold", Covington said before Wednesday's game.
The Sixers were leading 75-55 halfway through the third quarter when Embiid and Towns began shoving each other. KAT quickly swung back in the comments section, to which Embiid dropped an absolutely scathing retort that I simply can't repost for fear of offending (you can check it out here if you dare).
"It doesn't matter", Embiid said. "That's what the city of Philadelphia is about". You gotta be a Broad Street Bully. You know you gotta play hard. You gotta play hard.
"I didn't know we were doing it at first", Okogie said. I want him on my team in a dark alley! We love each other.
The Sixers played against the Hawks two nights ago and featured their massive lineup which ended up shutting down Trae Young in the second half. "Personally, I didn't throw any punches, so I shouldn't get suspended", he said. He also said that the whole thing "kind of happened out of nowhere".
"It was definitely entertaining". Korkmaz aided in adding momentum to the court, something we haven't seen from him since summer league. "The love they have for me, I can't thank them enough". "He's our superstar, our all-star".
Towns' mom was apparently in the stands for the game and sitting near the tunnel to the 76ers' locker room, where she could be seen screaming and motioning at Embiid while he pumped fans up as he walked out after getting ejected. The fight eventually spilled over into social media at a level of uncharted territory even for the trash-talking Joel Embiid. However, the duo have some history.
KAT and Embiid GOING AT IT. "I always react. I guess it always finds me".
"But it's basketball. That's what I'm good at - I like to get in people's minds". "Maybe it would've turned into something different if it would've actually connected".
Ayotte, the officiating crew chief, told a pool reporter: "We deemed the altercation a fight". "They woke us up and they were like just run up the steps. And that escalated to the fight". Towns criticized the caption and picture quality, to which Embiid responded, "better quality than your defense".
- Kanye West Announces A New Album 'Jesus Is Born' Dropping On Christmas
- Impeachment Procedures Vote Scheduled for Thursday
- Boeing to testify before Senate, following 2 deadly 737 MAX crashes
- Firefighters Visit Girl on Her Birthday as Father Fights California Wildfires
- HBO orders 10 episodes of Game of Thrones prequel
- Trump says likely successor of IS leader killed by United States troops
- Samsung teases clamshell folding phone in new video
- Benioff and Weiss No Longer Making New Star Wars Trilogy
- Doubts over Trump's dramatic account of Baghdadi raid
- Kayla Mueller's father glad that 'evil' ISIS leader al-Baghdadi 'is gone'