We'll have temperatures around 30 degrees for trick-or-treating in the evening with a lighter breeze and spooky starlight. We start the day overcast, with rain becoming more widespread as the afternoon goes on.
Residents of the Clear Lake Senior Living Home are welcoming little trick or treaters this year.
"We're not sugar. We won't melt", said Lisi Astrada whose son will have to wait until Saturday to collect candy in Swampscott. The best advice? Find an indoor trick-or-treat event, if possible!
7 p.m.to 8 p.m. - Rain continues, with winds picking up.
Captain John Murphy states that the Sheriff's Office will have extra patrol officers out working at irregular intervals during the trick-or-treat activities in order to promote safer driving.
"Rainfall will become widespread later in the evening and will be heavy at times leading to flooding in places".
She continued, "Normally rain would not have made us change the date, but the exceptional nature of the precipitation pushed us to do it". They are, however, saying that road closures and extra police presence will not be in place as they are postponing the closing of Winthrop, Pickering and Maple streets for the goal of trick-or-treating on Halloween night.
Edible Arrangements is giving out free Halloween treats when you stop by in costume.
"Winds gusting 20-40 miles per hour through the evening and into the overnight will only add to nasty trick or treating conditions, Please secure your spooky decorations and be aware that winds can be risky for our little trick or treaters, please factor this into you plans and be safe", Hudson Valley Weather wrote on Facebook.
Manuta Township in New Jersey moved up trick-or-treating to Wednesday after consulting with the local police department.
At 8 p.m. Halloween you might call it a snowstorm in the blue shaded areas.
Washington's western suburbs: 7 to 10 p.m.
Village of New Boston: (2 p.m. -4 p.m.) Saturday, November 2. Frostbite is also a concern due to wind on top of such low temperatures, so make sure you're as covered as possible while outdoors.
- Kate Hawkesby: President Trump has handled Al-Bagdadhi killing poorly
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Benioff and Weiss No Longer Making New Star Wars Trilogy
- Trump says likely successor of IS leader killed by United States troops
- Samsung teases clamshell folding phone in new video
- 27 killed as fire breaks out in train in Pakistan
- Not so fast: Netflix faces backlash over playback speed test feature
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Gerrit Cole thanks Astros fans in heartfelt note
- Max Scherzer confirmed to start Game 7 of World Series