The witness saw the US military vehicles outside the town of Qahtaniyah, roughly 6 km (4 miles) south of the border.
The head of the SDF's media office could not immediately be reached for comment. His comments were carried on the official ministry website Thursday.
Kurdish forces withdraw from from an area near the Turkish border with Syria on October 27, 2019.
"We can not be cowed into silence by a foreign power", Schiff said. Kurdish troops have been allied to the USA in fighting the Islamic State (IS) group.
Under the deal agreed in the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi last week after Turkey's offensive into northeastern Syria, Kurdish militia forces were given a 150-hour deadline, which expired on October 29. But the US Congress has resisted pressure in recent years by activists out of a desire not to inflame tensions with a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation ally.
"Getting the United States out of Syria was the one big interest Turkey, Russia and Iran had in common", said Nicholas Danforth, senior visiting fellow at the German Marshall Fund.
Under an agreement reached last week in the Black Sea resort of Sochi between Turkey and Russian Federation, a 150-hour deadline was given for Syrian Kurdish YPG fighters and their weapons to be withdrawn from a zone extending 30km back from the Turkish border.
Left in the lurch by a USA troop withdrawal from the border area, Kurdish forces turned to the Syrian government for protection.
"When it comes to Trump you may ask me a question and I'll give you an answer which might seem unusual".
In early October, Trump ordered USA troops to withdraw from Syria, a move that has attracted bipartisan criticism for seemingly green lighting Turkey to conduct Operation Peace Spring to rid its border with Syria of Kurds it views as terrorists. Turkey is pushing to have Kurdish fighters moved away from its borders. The area is controlled by Syrian fighters allied with Turkey, who have been accused by rights groups of seizing land and property.
Turkey-backed rebels said on Tuesday they arrested an undisclosed number of Syrian army soldiers in Tel Hawa, in the Ras al Ain countryside near the Turkish border.
- U.S. central bank cuts rates for third time to prop up economy
- HBO Max nets 'South Park' exclusivity for a reported $500 million
- Alphabet's stock down as profits dips in Q3
- Samsung teases clamshell folding phone in new video
- Not so fast: Netflix faces backlash over playback speed test feature
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Weather for Halloween 2019: Rain likely Thursday in Massachusetts
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Reaction: Sixers Dominate Minnesota & Joel Embiid Fights KAT!