Rumors and whispers heading into BlizzCon 2019 suggested such a reveal was going to happen, and it turns out they were right. While the original Overwatch lacked any sort of campaign, with a story that was told via character videos and special, seasonal event flashbacks from time to time, Overwatch 2 is clearly addressing that issue, with story missions and a full narrative.
Even if you aren't a fan of the series, I highly recommend watching the cinematic at the top of this post.
Blizzard Entertainment used the trailer at one of its signature events to announce that Overwatch 2 will indeed be released, and lead designer Jeff Kaplan revealed some of the key elements of the follow-up to the popular game launched in 2016. All of the original heroes are present and accounted for, and players can expect to see the same maps and modes.
Original Overwatch players will be able to play on all the same maps as Overwatch 2 players, including new maps and new heroes, with progression and cosmetics carrying over to the sequel.
As with Diablo IV, we have no idea when Overwatch 2 will be available. This will be represented by a new core game mode called Push.
Through a lengthy, brutal cinematic trailer followed by a gameplay trailer, Blizzard has announced its isometric action RPG Diablo IV at BlizzCon 2019. The decision makes sense for a more social Diablo 4, and has become the norm in the years since Diablo 3's release, which was one of the first games to adopt the then-controversial always-online approach.
But it would also make sense for Blizzard to reveal a new hero for the current game, especially since we haven't had much in new content.
Kaplan and co. explained that Overwatch 2 would include several nuances the first Overwatch game didn't include. "We're excited to be returning to the dark, quintessential Diablo gameplay that players love while expanding the world and story in new ways, and we can't wait for more people to be able to experience it". "The routes end up having a lot of flanking in them", Kaplan said in response to a question from ESPN. Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Along with Sojourn, Kaplan noted that there will be other new heroes added to the game, but gave absolutely no hint as to who they may be.
- Alphabet's stock down as profits dips in Q3
- Klopp eager to play 'hungry' Liverpool youngsters against Arsenal
- Firefighters Visit Girl on Her Birthday as Father Fights California Wildfires
- Trump Proposes Fireside Chat On TV To Read The Ukraine Phone Call
- Gerrit Cole thanks Astros fans in heartfelt note
- Barcelona vs. Real Valladolid - Football Match Report
- Jets' Adams: 'Patriots don't take calls on Tom Brady'
- Trump says he ‘can understand’ Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex
- This is the Motorola RAZR with a foldable display
- No Kashmiri flag, constitution under Indian-imposed changes