The SDF have been a key USA partner in fighting the Islamic State jihadist group, backed by air strikes by a US-led coalition.
Turkey-backed Syrian fighters inspect the site of the vehicle bomb explosion. The US informed Russian Federation about the attack, which was said to have taken place along the M4 highway about 6 km west of Tell Tamer in al-Hasakah province.
On Saturday, an AFP correspondent in Tal Abyad saw the remains of two motorbikes ablaze in the middle of a rubble-strewn street.
Turkey's presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin also pointed the finger at the YPG.
It was quick to blame the attack on the YPG and the banned Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has conducted a decades-long insurgency inside Turkey.
While Turkey has demanded that the USA stop its backing of YPG terrorists on the grounds that the group takes its orders from the PKK's leadership located in northern Iraq's Qandil mountains, Washington has refused to do so, insisting in the face of established facts that the groups have no connection.
Tel Abyad is taken into account considered one of two primary border cities that seen the heaviest combating when Ankara launched its incursion.
A ceasefire signed by Moscow, a key ally of Syria's government, and Ankara on October 22 has mostly stemmed the fighting, but sporadic clashes persist. The UK-based Observatory has said some 300,000 people have been displaced by the offensive and 120 civilians killed.
Turkish soldiers and their allies in the Syrian National Army seized ammunition with English labels and technical information in Ras al-Ayn, an area liberated by Operation Peace Spring, according to Anadolu Agency reporters on the ground.
United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said he would "consider the proposal", stressing the need for the "voluntary, safe and dignified" return of refugees, during a visit to Istanbul on Friday where he met with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Thursday that U.S. President Donald Trump is the "best American president" due to his "complete transparency".
- Iranians mark anniversary of USA embassy seizure amid escalating tensions
- Gomes' injury overshadows Everton's 1-1 draw with Spurs
- No Kashmiri flag, constitution under Indian-imposed changes
- Overwatch 2 confirmed with big focus on co-op content
- Jets' Adams: 'Patriots don't take calls on Tom Brady'
- United States election 2020: Elizabeth Warren sets out health funding plan
- Eight people arrested in Vietnam over Essex container deaths
- Trump is Florida resident now
- Beto O'Rourke drops out of 2020 presidential race
- Trump says he ‘can understand’ Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex