Tottenham led 1-0 before the incident with Dele Alli scoring for the visitor just after the hour mark after Alex Iwobi's mistake led to Son feeding him the pass to score. "We couldn't understand him".
Son's joy soon turned to anguish when he slid on Gomes 12 minutes from time as he had to be consoled by players from both sides when he saw the extent of Gomes's injury.
Pochettino - whose side were denied a first away win in the league since January with a late stoppage time equaliser from Cenk Tosun - blamed VAR for the red card as Son had been initially just booked.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino was furious with Heung-min Son's dismissal in their draw with Everton.
The Premier League explained that Son's red card was "for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a outcome of his initial challenge" and the South Korean, who did not mean to hurt Gomes, has been left distraught.
"Son is devastated and in tears - it's not his fault".
"VAR changed the game because it changed the yellow card to red.it is creating a big mess".
"What we can not do now is change the result now because when it happened it was 1-0 to us and playing with 10 men for almost 15-20 minutes was the key to drawing the game". VAR needs to verify if it used to be a contaminated model out from Son and make a choice the action, not what came about after.
'We feel very sorry.
Nobody knows more about the stress of a serious leg injury than Ireland captain Seamus Coleman who suffered a horrific break against Wales back in 2017.
Tosun was quoted by BBC as saying that Everton players "nearly cried" in the dressing room afterwards. We were all confused after the game, I was talking with different people and of course with the referee too.
- Iranians mark anniversary of USA embassy seizure amid escalating tensions
- Article image Saudi Aramco confirms plans to list on Riyadh bourse
- Patriots WR Josh Gordon Has Reportedly Been Claimed Off Waivers
- McDonald's chief executive out over relationship with employee
- Check out Minkah Fitzpatrick’s 96-yard interception return for Steelers
- Beto O'Rourke drops out of 2020 presidential race
- Trump is Florida resident now
- India to continue talks on RCEP trade deal
- Celades on Lille clash: It's Valencia's biggest match of the season
- United States election 2020: Elizabeth Warren sets out health funding plan