He also has some experience playing comic book villains: he was Bullseye in Daredevil, which also starred one-time-Batman Ben Affleck.
Second, Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings) is in late-stage talks to play Bruce Wayne's trusty butler, Alfred Pennyworth, in the film.
Robert recently suggested his portrayal of the titular character will show a dark side. He's a complicated character. I sort of had an idea to do it, and I'd been prodding Matt [Reeves, who's down to direct the movie]. His morality is a little bit off. Over the years, he has portrayed a lot of weird characters such as Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, Supreme Leader Snoke in Star Wars, Ian Brady in Longford, Ian Dury in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll and many others.
Outside of these reports, there have also been some exciting rumours from usually very reliable scooper Thomas Polito. Writer/director Matt Reeves' The Batman is starting to come together rather quickly now after ages of us knowing nothing.
Anxious that the gossip might put the film company off working with him, he explained: "When that thing leaked, I was f***ing furious". Everyone was panicking from my team.
"To be honest, it was less vitriolic than I was expecting". We'll bring you more on his plans for Gotham City as we learn them. "There's no expectation of you".
- Trump committed to Asia, says USA commerce secretary Ross
- Sterling Shepard returning to concussion protocol, will miss MNF game against Cowboys
- Check out Minkah Fitzpatrick’s 96-yard interception return for Steelers
- Iranians mark anniversary of USA embassy seizure amid escalating tensions
- Five family members, including children, die in Mexico gun attack
- Adobe's new Photoshop Camera app puts AI-powered filters on your phone
- Remember: Adjust your clocks back at 2 am Sunday morning
- Saudi Aramco starts IPO on Tadawul Exchange
- Gomes suffers horror injury as Everton, Spurs draw
- Son Heung-min's reaction to Gomes injury was 'over the top' - Collymore