He also has some experience playing comic book villains: he was Bullseye in Daredevil, which also starred one-time-Batman Ben Affleck.
Second, Andy Serkis (The Lord of the Rings) is in late-stage talks to play Bruce Wayne's trusty butler, Alfred Pennyworth, in the film.
Robert recently suggested his portrayal of the titular character will show a dark side. He's a complicated character. I sort of had an idea to do it, and I'd been prodding Matt [Reeves, who's down to direct the movie]. His morality is a little bit off. Over the years, he has portrayed a lot of weird characters such as Gollum in The Lord of the Rings, Supreme Leader Snoke in Star Wars, Ian Brady in Longford, Ian Dury in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll and many others.
Outside of these reports, there have also been some exciting rumours from usually very reliable scooper Thomas Polito. Writer/director Matt Reeves' The Batman is starting to come together rather quickly now after ages of us knowing nothing.
Anxious that the gossip might put the film company off working with him, he explained: "When that thing leaked, I was f***ing furious". Everyone was panicking from my team.
"To be honest, it was less vitriolic than I was expecting". We'll bring you more on his plans for Gotham City as we learn them. "There's no expectation of you".
- How to Get and Use Apple TV+
- Gomes suffers horror injury as Everton, Spurs draw
- Son Heung-min's reaction to Gomes injury was 'over the top' - Collymore
- Sterling Shepard returning to concussion protocol, will miss MNF game against Cowboys
- MPs elect new Speaker to replace Bercow
- Remember: Adjust your clocks back at 2 am Sunday morning
- Donald Trump attends UFC 244 and is booed
- Manchester City skipper David Silva set to miss Liverpool clash
- Article image Saudi Aramco confirms plans to list on Riyadh bourse
- All versions of Diablo IV will be online-only