"I am announcing it here for the first time".
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says militants from the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) have not fully withdrawn from border areas of the so-called safe zone in northern Syria as specified in the agreements with Russian Federation and the United States, and that U.S. forces are still carrying out joint patrols with the militants.
Video and images shared on social media show Russian and Turkish troops on patrol in areas near Kobane (also known as Ain Al-Arab), following a deal that saw the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) withdraw from areas close to the Syria-Turkey border.
Though its military intervention in northern Syria in the month of October was harshly criticized by the U.S., which in return sanctioned Turkey while considering the threats of incursion, the move played an important role in reducing IS terror in the region.
The audio statement by the Islamic state also confirmed Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Quraishi as the new chief of ISIS.
When captured, she was also accompanied by five children. This came a week after the terrorist group's leader killed himself during a United States military raid.
Al-Baghdadi, an Iraqi from Samarra, was killed in a USA assault within the shut by the territory of Idlib a month in the past.
Days later, President Trump announced that US troops had successfully killed al-Baghdadi's "number one replacement". A masked man holding a head of a policeman and waving a knife said: "This is the fate of every apostate". He said the terrorist's body was mutilated and buried underground as he'd blown himself up in a tunnel leading from his hideout, insisting that a DNA test still verified that it was him.
- India to continue talks on RCEP trade deal
- Check out Minkah Fitzpatrick’s 96-yard interception return for Steelers
- Eight people arrested in Vietnam over Essex container deaths
- All versions of Diablo IV will be online-only
- Saudi Aramco starts IPO on Tadawul Exchange
- Sterling Shepard returning to concussion protocol, will miss MNF game against Cowboys
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Son Heung-min's reaction to Gomes injury was 'over the top' - Collymore
- Adobe's new Photoshop Camera app puts AI-powered filters on your phone