Gabriel Jesus tamely missed a 43rd-minute penalty - an untimely reminder of his side's frailties from the spot given Riyad Mahrez blazed over during last season's goalless draw at Liverpool.
The comments come in response to Guardiola firing the starting pistol on the mind-games ahead of Sunday's clash last weekend.
If it could be a penalty for sure I will "dive" again.
The damage, though, may already have been done, and it is hard to believe there will be a convivial mood at Anfield as City set about trying to halve Liverpool's six point lead at the top of the Premier League.
And though City boss Guardiola upped the war of words with his comments on Mane, Klopp has been keen to play down the reaction despite having hit back with a jab about City in which he hinted they intentionally make "tactical fouls". He did a year ago something similar, where he was out for a game and then I think a couple of days later he was back on the pitch.
"I think he will come here and feel he can't lose it rather than come and win".
"I look back on that Amazon documentary and there are clips in there where going forward his concern was Liverpool and the strength of Liverpool", he added. If I get a penalty, yeah it's a penalty.
'These kind of things happen constantly and you have to react, but I don't see him not playing on Sunday'.
Murphy told talkSPORT: "If I were him, the last thing I'd want to do is wind up the best player in the (English) Premier League at the moment before you play him next week".
"I say at the time, "It's not lucky".
It's likely that Bravo will be used in goals if Ederson fails to prove his fitness for the match.
The Reds have had a few close calls in recent weeks and have been helped by late goals and some penalties but that is often a mark of champions.
- Celades on Lille clash: It's Valencia's biggest match of the season
- Trump committed to Asia, says USA commerce secretary Ross
- MPs elect new Speaker to replace Bercow
- Bayern Munich set sights on Arsène Wenger as manager after Rangnick blow
- Saudi Aramco starts IPO on Tadawul Exchange
- All versions of Diablo IV will be online-only
- Gomes' injury overshadows Everton's 1-1 draw with Spurs
- Andy Serkis Eyes Alfred Pennyworth Role In ‘The Batman’
- Donald Trump attends UFC 244 and is booed
- Wife of ISIS leader Al-Baghdad captured by Turkey, Erdogan says