In new memoir titled A Song For You: My Life with Whitney Houston, excerpted by People magazine, Crawford, now 58 and married to talent exec Lisa Hintelman, details how she and Houston met in 1979 and connected immediately.
Crawford writes that Houston told her she tried cocaine for the first time at age 14, and would often tell her, "Cocaine can't go where we're going", but always said she "wasn't ready" when Crawford pushed her to quit or seek help. No, it isn't. She had a relationship with her, so whatever it was, you know, she's deciding to write a book. "And that evening was the night that we touched, and that just brought us closer".
Houston went on to marry R&B star Bobby Brown in 1992, with whom she had a famously fractious relationship.
And that's exactly what she did for the next two decades as Whitney became a global superstar.
Crawford also claimed that Whitney's family didn't seem to support their relationship. With that said, Crawford explained neither she nor Whitney ever used a label to define their sexualities. Their romance was also assessed on the 2017 Showtime documentary, Can I Be Me?
"Caressing her and loving her felt like a desire", she writes. "Whitney told me her mother said it wasn't natural for two women to be that close", says Crawford, "but we were that close". The elder Houston believed that two women being together was "unnatural", according to Crawford. Robyn says it wasn't planned - it's just something that happened. They spent the night at the home of a friend.
Many people have long waited to hear Crawford's side of the story.
She said: "I'd come to the point where I felt the need to stand up for our friendship".
"Whitney advised me her mom mentioned it wasn't pure for 2 girls to be that shut, however we had been that shut". "Proud of you girl", one fan declared.
This new story about an apparent chapter in Houston's life makes me so incredibly sad.
And that she continues to do.
- Xhaka stripped of Arsenal captaincy
- All versions of Diablo IV will be online-only
- Trump committed to Asia, says USA commerce secretary Ross
- Sterling Shepard returning to concussion protocol, will miss MNF game against Cowboys
- Saudi Aramco starts IPO on Tadawul Exchange
- Panthers Place Cam Newton On IR, Likely Done For Season
- MPs elect new Speaker to replace Bercow
- Auto bomb explodes killing 13 at Turkey border
- Trump Admin Is Too Inept To Pull Off Quid Pro Quo
- Celades on Lille clash: It's Valencia's biggest match of the season