Liverpool, who now sit top of the Premier League table, beat Arsenal on penalties in the last round of the competition, with the club at the time threatening the possibility of pulling out the competition due to a congested fixture list.
Liverpool's English midfielder James Milner applauds after the UEFA Champions League group E football match between Liverpool and RC Genk at Anfield in Liverpool, north west England on November 5, 2019.
Liverpool said it discussed alternative dates with the federation, but could not find a suitable one that did not compromise the competition schedule.
At first, Klopp suggested that Liverpool might have to pull out of the Carabao Cup, a competition that has at times been seen a nuisance by top-flight clubs with European commitments.
The problem? The following day, Liverpool is scheduled to play in the Club World Cup semifinals in Doha, Qatar.
This implies the Reds must subject two totally different squads because the matches in Birmingham and Qatar are lower than 24 hours aside.
"We can not leave any players at home for the Carabao Cup", he said.
Can Nigeria U17 team win a 6th World Cup title in Brazil?
"We look at ourselves, we know which team we face, I think they have won 10 and drawn one".
Klopp had originally vowed to withdraw from the Carabao Cup if it a suitable date could be found, but speaking after Liverpool's 2-1 win over Genk in the Champions League, the German coach revealed that he didn't want to get on the bad side of Federation Internationale de Football Association and the EFL.
"I didn't speak with the doctor, but when he [Silva] has a muscular problem and can not play more minutes it is because he has something, and when it is a muscular problem it is always a minimum of 10-12 days", Guardiola said. "We have an idea how we'll do it but it's too early to speak about that", said Klopp when asked how they will be able to manage both games competitively.
"It has happened many times, what Liverpool have done, in the last few years, it's because [Mane] is a special talent", the City head was reported by the Express as saying.
"It may be the Clasico for television, but for us, the Clasico, it's the match against United", Aguero said in reference to City's impending visit to Anfield. "Nope. We will go there, we will try to play all the games with all that we have", Liverpool boss added.
- Keanu Reeves has a girlfriend and fans are going wild
- House impeachment inquiry requests White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney testify
- Trump Admin Is Too Inept To Pull Off Quid Pro Quo
- George Kent transcript: Democrats release sixth in impeachment probe
- Sterling Shepard returning to concussion protocol, will miss MNF game against Cowboys
- This Team Is Finished
- Adobe's new Photoshop Camera app puts AI-powered filters on your phone
- Bayern Munich set sights on Arsène Wenger as manager after Rangnick blow
- Wife of ISIS leader Al-Baghdad captured by Turkey, Erdogan says
- Twitter Employees Spied on Users for Saudis: Prosecutors