Temperatures dropping to near 20 degrees with winds blowing from the north at 30 miles per hour.
Extremely cold temperatures will move in just as the snow is. Temperatures in Minneapolis started out in the single digits - the high Monday will only be 17. Expect low 30s south of the lake.
"148 daily record lows are now forecast to be broken, tied, or come within 1 degree between Tuesday and Thursday this week", the NWS Weather Prediction Center (NWS WPC) said in a post on its official Twitter account.
"This will make it feel like in the middle of winter rather than in November for much of the eastern two-thirds of the country for the next few days", the NWS WPC notes on its official website. By Wednesday morning, nearly the entirety of the eastern half of the Lower 48 will see freezing temperatures, except for the Florida Peninsula. We are forecasting a low near 20 on Wednesday morning!
"Many areas could see up to 2-4" of snowfall, especially if you are between USA 20 and US 34. Up to an inch of accumulation is possible.
Sunday is expected to be windier, with gusts up to 25 miles per hour, and Monday night could bring a patch of rain after 8 p.m., forecasters said. Temperatures will plummet into the teens overnight on Monday leading to the possibility of refreezing on the roadways. We will top off at 70 tomorrow afternoon but temperatures quickly drop Monday night as a strong cold front passes.
The heaviest snow will be in the Northeast, from western Pennsylvania to northern New England.
Forecast highs on Monday.
We all realize we've seen highs in the winter in the 20s.
Record low temperatures are possible across Texas, Oklahoma and parts of the Ohio Valley starting Tuesday morning.
High temperatures are predicted to remain below freezing as far south as the Texas Panhandle, northern Oklahoma, and central Missouri and IL.
Record lows forecast on Tuesday. Look for lows 25-28 along and north of I-12.
Friday, Nov. 15: Sunny and a bit warmer with the high temperature in the mid 40s.
- SoftBank Reported a $6.5 Billion Loss Trailing WeWork's Failed IPO
- I.'s Disturbing Hymen Comments Spark Apology From Podcast Hosts
- Trump wants whistleblower named despite 'physical danger'
- Last Christmas falls short as romantic holiday cheer
- Mick Mulvaney a no-show at impeachment inquiry
- Kanye West Suggests He'll Run for President in 2024
- Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes returns to full practice
- Donald Trump Jr.: ‘View’ Hosts in ‘Attack Mode,’ Didn’t Discuss My Book
- Judge orders Trump to pay $2m for misusing Trump Foundation funds
- Aaron Ramsey apologises to Cristiano Ronaldo after pinching record-breaking goal