After snow Monday night, Tuesday night was expected to be a colder night.
"While a dusting is possible in the south side of this system, a large area of 3-6" snowfall is expected, with 6-12" expected on the northern side of the system.
An American Airlines flight from Piedmont Triad International Airport, near Greensboro, North Carolina, slid off the runway Monday morning after landing at a snowy Chicago O'Hare.
The commutes which will exercise your patience the most will be Tuesday morning and for the snow belt, it'll also include Tuesday evening and early Wednesday morning. He says we can "expect meaningful wintry weather Monday night which will have lingering impacts into Tuesday".
Bangor should see 2-to-3 inches of snow. The hazardous traveling conditions are expected to continue into early Tuesday morning. "The best chance for the most snow will be in southern communities where some spots could pick up 5".
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and warmer, breezy at times and a high of 48. As temperatures drop, we'll see more and more snowflakes make their way to the surface. By this evening, temperatures will be rapidly falling below freezing which could cause roads to become slick. Visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadway and traffic conditions.
How do I read all these alerts from the National Weather Service?
The following counties are under a Winter Storm Warning, effective Monday at 4 p.m. through Wednesday at 10 a.m.
The Winter Storm Warning doesn't expire until 5pm when snow finally slows down. Cleveland.com's Robin Goist explains what each distinction means and how to react.
Cold temperatures and frost on the windshield can prompt Northeast Ohioans to leave the auto running for a few minutes before getting in.
- Jim Caldwell's Forecast | Blast of cold air is here
- Aaron Ramsey apologises to Cristiano Ronaldo after pinching record-breaking goal
- Former Brazilian President Released From Prison
- HK college student dies after auto park fall: hospital
- Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes returns to full practice
- Don Cherry fired for offensive comments about immigrants
- OR ranked No. 7 in CFB playoff poll: Why it doesn't matter
- Last Christmas falls short as romantic holiday cheer
- 'Worst is yet to come' in Australian bush fires
- Rain changing over to sleet, snow expected Monday