The report details that hackers are getting Disney+ account credentials from other leaked websites where subscribers reuse old passwords, and employing keylogging and information-stealing malware. Users are encouraged to use difficult and unique passwords to make hacking harder for those wishing to gain unauthorized access to your account. Disney Plus is loaded with well-known animated films, blast from the past, and most recent favorites.
Disney said its system hasn't been hacked and that it's working to quickly address the issue. Many report spending hours in telephone and chat queues awaiting customer support from Disney, to no avail.
So, if you're a Disney+ member, what should you do know?
Both Shenher and Babin said they have tried to contact Disney to resolve the service, but have not been able to get in touch with customer service because of what they cite as long wait times. Now, according to ZDNet, many of these accounts are available on the dark web for as low as $3 Dollars.
The password "123456789" was used on 7.7 million accounts, while "qwerty" and "password" were each used by more than 3 million.
This is when a separate password is sent upon login, to verify an account identity. Jot them down safely (on paper) and store them in a place you'll remember. It's possible that hackers obtained the names and passwords from data breaches at other companies.
It's available as an extension and can be installed here.
At Code Media, a conference for media executives, operators of rival services praised the Disney+ launch.
Paid services, including Dashlane and 1Password will monitor logins and inform people when their credentials have been compromised.
This is a bit of a no-brainer but it still needs to be said: create unique passwords for your accounts!
Since launch though, the Disney+ app has proven to be very stable and Disney has slowly been adding new features to the app.
Multi-factor authentication is an option for many non-streaming services, including Google, Facebook and Apple, but the extra security must be turned on.
- Jose Mourinho to earn double the salary of Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham
- Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson out of England squad
- Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Impeachment inquiry: Trump 'asked for probe in Ukraine with envoy'
- Kate Middleton stuns in plunging see-through dress
- Donald Trump issues pardons in U.S. war crimes cases
- Colorful T-Mobile CEO leaving, even as Sprint deal not done
- Jennifer Williams, Alexander Vindman 1st to testify Tuesday
- Epstein jail guards plead not guilty
- Eden Gardens: All you need to know about day-night Tests!