Following the Blazers 115-104 loss to the Pelicans, in which Melo saw his first National Basketball Association action in over a year, the 12-time All-Star was appreciative of the moment and the opportunity.
In the meanwhile, the 35-year-old Anthony is steering away from setting expectations. Anthony concurred, saying the Blazers have been up front with him about his potential playing time. "I thought every shot he had, he was getting a good look at the basket".
Stotts added that Anthony may continue to start for the team. "I needed to get myself mentally ready for that and I did, to be trustworthy with you".
Unlike his most recent stint, a year ago in Houston with the Rockets, Melo says the Blazers are being up front about his role and what they expect.
Terry Stotts was encouraged by Anthony's debut. He finished with 10 points on 4-of-14 shooting in 24 minutes of play while also posting a team-high five turnovers and a game-worst minus-20 rating. He walked through some plays by himself with the coaching staff this morning.
The Pelicans present a great opportunity for Melo to shine, as New Orleans is surrendering 120 points per game to their opponents, second only to the Washington Wizards.
Anthony has been removed from the pros for some time. "When we were as poor as we were defensively in spots, I think it's hard to really look at any one guy".
Western Conference foes New Orleans and Portland will play. That came after he missed a majority of last season with a foot injury.
Trail Blazers: Nassir Little had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
"It's such a long season", Lillard said after the game, via the Athletic.
"Who knows? I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen this year", he stated.
- Gordon Sondland Says Trump Directed Ukraine Quid Pro Quo
- Myles Garrett's suspension upheld by National Football League appeals officers
- GOP Rep. Claims Her Constituents Have 'Many Concerns' About Hunter Biden, Burisma
- Android Phone users anxious over Google Camera Bug!
- United States embassy in Jerusalem issues travel warning after settlements announcement
- Colin Kaepernick Receives Cold Shoulder From NFL Teams After Workout
- Jose Mourinho to earn double the salary of Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham
- Trump says yet to decide whether to close trade deal with China
- Sweden drops Assange rape investigation
- Murray digs deep at Davis Cup to give Britain lead over Holland