The Los Angeles launch event, meant to introduce the line's first pickup model and inspire pre-orders, featured a test of the truck's window armor that quickly overshadowed the vehicle's polygonal design and metallic luster.
In a few other tweets, Musk indicated there will be a solar power option for the truck capable of generating enough energy to drive 15 miles per day.
"The top three selling vehicles in America are pickup trucks".
The electric carmaker is trying to take on a market that is now dominated by the likes of Ford and General Motors, both of whom make bestselling pickup trucks.
Musk said: "The big challenge with the Model S was having a vehicle that had a high utility and looked good - it was the same with the X".
A grand idea, that's for sure. Unfortunately, when he tried to demonstrate this safety feature at an event in California, it didn't go quite as planned.
Compared to the yet to be improved glass windows, auto analysts and potential buyers are more concerned about the look of the truck.
Despite the snafu, the Cybertruck got enormous publicity, and scores of customers have placed $100 deposits for a vehicle that won't be in production until late 2021 at the earliest.
But the flagship Telsa Cybertruck is a higher-end model with three motors, all-wheel drive, towing capacity of 14,000 pounds and range of over 500 miles. Featuring a stainless-steel shell which cannot be dented with a sledgehammer and armoured glass, the shell is rather created to last decades than to look good in the driveway. Oh, and it can travel from zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.9 seconds.
Musk claimed the truck's "ultra-hard" exterior "won't scratch and dent".
The uber-futuristic whip combines the utility of a truck with the performance of a sports auto, built with durability and versatility in mind.
Well, we do need more electric cars out there, let's hope this one lives up to the billing.
- Apple pushes iOS 13.2.3 to further fix background process bugs
- Jose Mourinho to earn double the salary of Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham
- Android Phone users anxious over Google Camera Bug!
- Donald Trump issues pardons in U.S. war crimes cases
- Myles Garrett's suspension upheld by National Football League appeals officers
- Apple's iPhone 11 battery cases add a physical camera button
- Jose Mourinho believes he's become a better manager in the a year ago
- USA lawmakers urge Trump to sign HK bills
- Anthony starting in Trail Blazers debut vs. Pelicans
- Murray digs deep at Davis Cup to give Britain lead over Holland