What do you think of Half-Life: Alyx and it being fully in VR?
Though "Half-Life: Alyx" is expected to last as long as "Half-Life" and "Half-Life 2", it is not considered to be the very long-awaited "Half-Life 3". Valve tags the game as "designed from the ground up". It comes with all the hallmarks of a classic Half-Life game.
I'm sure Valve would like lots of people to specifically buy the Index.
It sounds like the Valve Index could well be the superior experience - considering Half-Life: Alyx was built with that headset in mind - however, Valve promised it would also be more than enjoyable on other equipment, although the experience may "vary".
Half-Life: Alyx is coming in March 2020 for all PC-based VR headsets and is being sold as a full-priced game. This unique angle helps bring you into the game's world, one that looks to be one of the most detailed to date in a VR game. In the Half-Life timeline, players will find themselves in City 17 between the two main games, and as the trailer suggests, this VR entry will feature G-Man, at least in some capacity.
First, the company teamed up with HTC to create the Vive.
Community enthusiasts have returned to the "Half-Life" franchise since the introduction of the Oculus Rift in 2016, making unofficial adaptations for a range of home virtual-reality headsets.
With "Half-Life", the franchise was simply a template for experimentation with a "big" VR project - not an attempt to conclude a beloved franchise after 12 years of dormancy. Ever since then, we got nothing more of this series, and the cliffhanger left us just like that. VR was built for the kind of gameplay that sits at the heart of Half-Life. Rather, it's a new frontier where developers and artists can try out new things for users like us to experience, good or bad.
Although the game hasn't seen any major updates, and will likely not get one in the near future, there are no plans on shutting down the game entirely. They have invested a lot in this technology. Valve will release Alyx in March 2020, but it's available for pre-order today. So instead of console wars, VR's conflict seems more like the fight over PC platforms between Steam and the Epic Games Store - except this time, Valve doesn't have the same head start.
Half-Life: Alyx is a VR-exclusive experience, and now there aren't plans to bring it to traditional platforms.
- Borderlands 3 'Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot' DLC Coming in December
- Jose Mourinho believes he's become a better manager in the a year ago
- Gordon Sondland Says Trump Directed Ukraine Quid Pro Quo
- Apple's iPhone 11 battery cases add a physical camera button
- Pelosi says Trump's Ukraine actions amount to 'bribery'
- SC to consider Sena, NCP, Congress plea against Maharashtra governor's decision today
- Coldplay Won't Be Touring Again Until It's Environmentally Friendly
- Spurs the flawless fit for no-nonsense Mourinho, says Berbatov
- We Can't Let Go of These 15 Secrets About Frozen
- Koala faces long recovery after rescue from Australian wildfire