Suicide is one of the leading causes of death for young South Koreans.
Although a cause of death hasn't been confirmed yet, many fans showed concern over Goo's happiness after she was involved in public disputes with an ex-boyfriend who claimed to be assaulted by her past year, the outlet further reported.
She was previously embroiled in a legal battle with her ex-boyfriend, Choi Jong Bum, who was indicted for allegedly threatening to release sex videos of himself and the K-pop star. After the group split, the singer made her solo debut back in 2015, releasing the EP Alohara (Can You Feel It?) to much fanfare in Korea.
On that occasion, Goo was found and taken to the hospital.
In May, Hara, a former member of the girl group Kara, was found unconscious after a suspected suicide attempt, The South China Morning Post reported.
In her final Instagram post, sent Saturday to her 1.5 million followers, she showed a selfie in bed with the caption "Good night". Her official fan website listed photography, reading, and exercise as her hobbies, while adding that driving was her specialty.
The K-pop industry is known for its cut-throat competitiveness, a lack of privacy, online bullying and relentless public pressure to maintain a wholesome image at all times. She was best friends with the late Sulli, a South Korean celebrity who died in October. The case made her the subject of tabloid fodder and malicious online messages.
Hara had been a longtime member of the girl group Kara, which also included singers Park Gyu-ri and Han Seung-yeon.
- Here’s every single Amazon device that’s now discounted for Black Friday
- Zidane defends Bale after criticism for the flag used in the celebration
- Florida 'ruff rider' dog goes for a reverse spin in a auto
- Anthony starting in Trail Blazers debut vs. Pelicans
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu charged with bribery and corruption
- Joe Biden turns impeachment to his advantage in fifth Democrat debate
- Crystal Palace vs. Liverpool - Football Match Report
- Tesla’s new pickup, Cybertruck, is unlike anything you’ve seen before
- Trump says yet to decide whether to close trade deal with China
- Coldplay Won't Be Touring Again Until It's Environmentally Friendly