It also happens to be very fast too, ranging from 0 to 60 in just 2.9 seconds while being able to travel up to 500 km with a full charge.
Mr Musk later tweeted a video of Mr von Holzhausen hurling a steel ball at the window before the Cybertruck launch, which yielded the results he was expecting. "Oh my f****** god", Musk said while laughing after the driver's side window crashed. The cracked window glass occurred during a demonstration on the strength of the glass. Three powertrain options will be offered with one, two or three electric motors. With the launch, Tesla is edging into probably the most profitable corner of the USA auto market, where buyers are likely to have fierce brand loyalty.
Pickup trucks are now the fastest-growing segment in the US.
No date has been given for the Cybertruck's release, but analysts said it would not be ready before the end of 2021 at the earliest.
Forbes reports that the presentation, aside from embarrassing, was also damaging to Tesla's share prices, with the publication reporting that as of November 22 they had tumbled by 6%. "For a little weird reason it broke now, I don't know why", Musk said on the stage.
Tesla's pickup is extra more likely to appeal to weekend warriors who need an electric vehicle that may deal with some outside journey.
But even after traders recently cut their short bets against Tesla to 22 percent of its float from over 30 percent in August, its stock remains one of the most shorted on Wall Street, according to S3 Partners, a financial analytics firm.
Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla, has stated that the stainless steel used to make the Tesla Cybertruck is the same steel that's used for the creation of the SpaceX rocket. Its website shows that an immediate payment of $100 is required to reserve an order for the Cybertruck. The product got 180,000 orders in its first day, prompting Musk to tweet, "Future of electric cars looking bright!"
- Browns fans swing football helmet at Mason Rudolph pinata
- China 'resolutely' backs Hong Kong leader despite polls setback
- Here’s every single Amazon device that’s now discounted for Black Friday
- We Can't Let Go of These 15 Secrets About Frozen
- Kelly’s sex slave turns on him
- K-pop star Goo Hara has died aged 28
- Florida 'ruff rider' dog goes for a reverse spin in a auto
- Apple Adds Camera Button to iPhone 11 Smart Battery Case
- Coldplay Won't Be Touring Again Until It's Environmentally Friendly
- Tesla’s new pickup, Cybertruck, is unlike anything you’ve seen before