Godrey was perhaps best known for his role as Magnus Bane in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. He was only 35. Gao reportedly had a cold on Wednesday but still worked a 17-hour day from Tuesday 8:30 a.m. until he collapsed running at nearly 2 a.m. on Wednesday. "We are very shocked and saddened and even until now find it impossible to accept", a statement from his management company JetStar read on the Chinese social media site Weibo.
JetStar offered its thanks to "friends in the media and everyone who supported Godfrey", but also asked that his family be left alone to mourn. "The programme's on-site paramedics began lifesaving measures immediately and urgently transported him to the hospital", the management behind Chase Me said in a statement. In its report, Zaobao said that before collapsing, Gao had cried out: "I can't anymore".
Late model Godfrey Gao reportedly filmed for 17 hours straight and cried out "I can't keep going" before dying from a sudden cardiac arrest on the set of a TV show.
Taiwanese news outlets reported that Gao was filming the Zhejiang Television reality show Chase Me, when he suddenly fell during running and lost consciousness.
Chinese films Gao acted in included All About Women, Min & Max, Legend of the Ancient Sword, and Shanghai Fortress.
Chase Me features contestants working their way through a series of obstacle courses created to test them physically. The star made history back in 2011 when he became the first Asian model to be cast in a Louis Vuitton campaign.
At this time, it is unclear if production will continue in the wake of Gao's death.
- Browns fans swing football helmet at Mason Rudolph pinata
- Honda reveals 2020 City: What has changed?
- Chelsea were 'brave' against City - Lampard
- Selena Gomez had a 'panic attack' before shaky AMAs performance
- Sporadic anti-govt. protests continue in Hong Kong
- Advocacy group: Iran restoring internet access
- Federer and Zverev play in front of over 42,000 fans
- Florida 'ruff rider' dog goes for a reverse spin in a auto
- What you need to know about Valley Thanksgiving week storms
- Host Spain wins sixth Davis Cup title