She died of asphyxiation while being raped as the killers gagged and smothered her. "Shiva, a cleaner who took the scooter for fix, returned and raped her", Cyberabad Commissioner of Police V.C. Sajjanar said in Hyderabad on November 29. "She was an educated woman, and yet she called her sister instead of 100 [police helpline]", Ali told ANI. She immediately called her sister up and told her that some strangers just took her scooty to a mechanic shed for fix on the pretext of helping her out.
Priyanka had last spoken to her sister Bhavya at around 9:15 pm. Her father has called for the perpetrators to be hanged, while her mother wants them to be publicly burned alive.
Owner of a tyre fix shop told police that a youth parked a bike between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Priyanka, who was on her way from her house in Telangana's Shadnagar to a veterinary hospital in Kolluru village where she worked, was stranded in Shamshabad after her two-wheeler reportedly suffered a puncture. Cyberabad police commissioner VC Sajjanar told reporters that the four men - lorry drivers Mohammed Areef, 26, and C Chennakeshavulu, 20, along with two helpers J Shiva and J Naveen - hatched the plan to rape the woman when they saw her park her scooter at the toll plaza in Shamshabad on Wednesday evening.
When she returned at the same place around 9 p.m., she found the two-wheeler punctured.
As per preliminary probe, the police suspect that the doctor was sexually assaulted. "I even asked her to come away leaving the vehicle", the sister told NDTV.
The victim's family lodged a missing complaint with the police around 11 pm.
Union Minister of State for Home G Kishan Reddy said he has been in regular touch with officials of the Telangana government so that those who were involved in the woman's murder are caught and punished.
Within two months of the gruesome incident in Warangal, a local court in August sentenced 27-year-old convict to death.
"Outraged and deeply anguished by the murder of Priyanka Reddy".
Her body was identified based on her jewellery and clothes. I'll personally monitor the case too. "Anyone in distress, please dial 100", added Rama Rao, popularly known as KTR.
- China Asks US To "Change Course" Over Hong Kong Bill, Summons Envoy
- Iran condemns burning of its consulate by Iraqi protesters
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Maltese PM's former aide released in Daphne murder enquiry
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- USA hero dog 'Conan' honored at the White House
- Experts stunned, Duke haters thrilled after huge Stephen F. Austin upset
- Second blast hits Texas chemical plant
- Google fires 4 workers active in labor organizing
- Donald Trump ordered Pentagon to let convicted Navy SEAL keep elite status