Is an early exit a real concern?"We'll stay positive. We've still got a job to do away but we're confident we can do that", the Reds skipper said.
"Last year we had to win at home 1-0 against Napoli, I can not remember a bigger pressure game than that".
Sean Cox, a Liverpool supporter, was stabbed past year outside Anfield in a Champions League semi-final match against FC Roma.
In the middle of December, they are scheduled to play two games in two days on different continents - the first against Aston Villa in the English League Cup (Dec. 17) and the second in the semifinals of the Club World Cup in Qatar (Dec. 18).
After 100 Uefa games, Europe holds few surprises for Jurgen Klopp and his latest encounter with Carlo Ancelotti's Napoli brought all-too familiar problems for Liverpool.
Liverpool can still go through with a defeat in that game, but would be reliant on Napoli losing at home to Genk, who only have one point from five games.
Or, should fatigue and injuries take their toll, they could be out of the Champions League and the league advantage could be a little less comfortable.
"It is absolutely bad news, nothing good to say about that", he told a news conference "The timeframe we are not sure 100% but it looks pretty sure he won't be involved in the Christmas fixtures".
But Wijnaldum appreciates the likely loss of Fabinho for a number of games, as Liverpool await clarity on the severity of the injury, comes as a serious setback to the reigning European champions and Premier League leaders. This is a vital player for Liverpool who is the only true defensive midfielder.
"I said [to the referee]: "Don't do that", Klopp said after the game, as quoted by the Mirror. There was a question of a foul - you probably know better than me".
- Chinese actor Godfrey Gao dies aged 35
- Only one in 20 Black Friday deals cheapest on offer, Which? investigation
- Court says White House must comply with impeachment subpoenas
- Giuliani assures Trump Ukraine 'insurance' comment was a joke
- Black Friday Offers Some Perks For Workers
- Maltese PM's former aide released in Daphne murder enquiry
- Amazon Alexa can now respond in happy or disappointed tone
- Donald Trump ordered Pentagon to let convicted Navy SEAL keep elite status
- Second blast hits Texas chemical plant
- During Busiest Travel Time of the Year, a Big Weather Snafu