NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 30: Jetro Willems of Newcastle United celebrates with teammates Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron of Newcastle United after scoring his team's first goal during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Manchester City at St. James Park on November 30, 2019 in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
City went back in front with 10 minutes remaining when Kevin De Bruyne scored a stunning volley from outside of the box.
Guardiola was without Sergio Aguero who has been ruled out for a couple of weeks by a thigh muscle injury and City missed his predatory instincts as they failed to make almost 80 percent possession count.
"It's not the time. We will see what happens this season and next season". We have to win games.
His super strike will also have been welcomed at Anfield, with the 27-year-old telling BT Sport of his efforts against the reigning Premier League champions: "We thought we deserved a point".
Next season will be Guardiola's fifth at the Etihad Stadium, making it his longest managerial tenure at any one club, and he hinted his future is in the hands of his players. I want to see how we are still working together.
"We found a way and today we found it again but unfortunately, at the end, we conceded a goal", Guardiola said.
We are backing both teams to score at odds of 11/10.
Having two leads cancelled out swiftly represented a new frailty for a City side that has looked increasingly vulnerable over recent weeks, but Guardiola was keen to credit Newcastle.
Defender John Stones said City had gone from "elation to deflation" on Saturday, but insisted the race was still on.
With 18 minutes left to play, City had two golden chances to take the lead, first through Phil Foden who mistimed a free header from six-yards wide.
'You would expect Atsu to hit an in swinger, instead he rolls the ball to the edge of the area to Shelvey who curls it into the top far corner, what a wonderful goal to get them back into this game.
Asked if the ex-Liverpool midfielder had just handed his former club the title, Bruce said: "I don't know about that".
- Experts stunned, Duke haters thrilled after huge Stephen F. Austin upset
- Maltese PM's former aide released in Daphne murder enquiry
- Q2 GDP growth dips to 4.5%, lowest since 2012-13
- 15 civilians killed in roadside bomb attack in Afghanistan
- Liverpool midfielder Fabinho out until January with ankle injury
- Giuliani assures Trump Ukraine 'insurance' comment was a joke
- Several killed in 6.4-magnitude tremor — Albania natural disaster
- Walmart Tips Cyber Monday Deals on 4K TV, Robot Vacuum, More
- Donald Trump ordered Pentagon to let convicted Navy SEAL keep elite status
- Katonah's 'small-town traditions' continue on Small Business Saturday