Compare odds and from multiple different online sportsbooks and shop for the best lines at our new NBA Odds & Betting Page.
Each of the Pelicans' last three losses were decided by five or fewer points, while the Mavericks' last five victories each came by at least 10 points. The public betting now has 90 percent going on Dallas as the road favorite. That game, I was nervous, for sure.
The Lakers' approach in the second half against Dallas was terrible as budding Mavericks star Luka Doncic put up 21 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals after the break, while James and Davis combined for 17 points, eight rebounds, three assists and one steal in the final two quarters. A $10 bet on the Mavericks to win outright returns a profit of $6. They are 7-2 on the road.
The two teams combine to average 232.3 points per game while the Pelicans surrender 118.9 on the defensive end to the Mavericks' 109.8 points allowed per game.
"Our defense was bad today - we didn't rebound the basketball therefore we keep giving them second-chance points and they made us pay with 3s", Davis said after L.A. was dominated 16-9 on the offensive glass and 23-10 in second-chance points.
This win by the Mavericks ended the Lakers' 10-game winning streak. Sunday's loss to the Thunder was the fifth straight loss and second-in-a-row against Oklahoma City.
This next one against the Nuggets will be just as big of a test for the Lakers. They maintain that, on account of being the Lakers, they're getting good efforts from every opponent, no matter what their record is. In addition to losing top draft pick Zion Williamson (knee) before the season started, the Pelicans have had to deal with an assortment of other week-to-week injuries.
For his part, LeBron had 25 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. Jrue Holiday is adding 19.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 7.1 assists per contest.
Despite a tough home loss where they couldn't play well defensively, it appears both superstars are ready to move on and refocus. About the Lakers • Los Angeles ranks first in the National Basketball Association in field-goal percentage, and ranks second in second-chance points and fourth in fast-break points. I like Dallas to cover tonight as well. To survive, they can't make performances like Sunday's the norm. Doncic is playing as well as anyone and should be able to easily exploit this weak New Orleans defense.
- Charles plans to boot several royals
- 49ers' Harris forces Jackson's first lost fumble of season
- Katonah's 'small-town traditions' continue on Small Business Saturday
- Will closely monitor North Korea after missile launch: Shinzo Abe
- Boris Johnson To Trump: Stay Out Of Our Elections
- Queen Elizabeth hosts North Atlantic Treaty Organisation world leaders at Buckingham Palace
- Sierra Leone's President Bio hails people living with HIV as courageous
- Maltese prosecutors charge prominent businessman as accomplice in Daphne Caruana Galizia case
- GDP Q2 2019: GDP rate at lowest in last 6 years
- Ravens beat 49ers 20-17: Questions, Comments, and Concerns