He had been hit before halftime and was seen wincing in pain.
The 49ers possess an offense that is second in the National Football League in points scored per game (29.1), seventh in total yards per game (378.0) and second in rushing yards per game (148.0). Unfortunately, that did not end up happening, as the Vikings fell to the Seahawks by a final score of 37-30. To remain a division leader contender, the Eagles have a must win game against the New York Giants in primetime on Monday night. However, the Vikings seemingly went away from everything that has made them successful on offense thus far.
The key was the running of Penny and Chris Carson.
Seahawks cornerback Tre Flowers and receiver David Moore went from puking to producing Monday night. And when it was time for him to step up in a huge road game in the national spotlight, he couldn't do it.
Early in the second half of Monday's Vikings loss in Seattle, the whistle blew to signify the end of a play that left the Seahawks celebrating a recovered fumble.
While some sites have said that Harrison Smith also struggled, he seemed fine, although he was injured in the fourth quarter of the Broncos game.
Expect to see the Vikings come out looking to take out their frustration on the Lions next week.
New Orleans enters this week's contest with some statement wins like its ones over the Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks, but it has not faced an aggressive opponent like the San Francisco 49ers. The Bears will then visit the Vikings in the regular-season finale.
The three-win Falcons figure to be the easiest of the remaining four games, while the 7-5 Rams are now sitting outside the playoff picture, looking in. Seattle rushed for 218 yards, the most allowed by Minnesota this season. The Seahawks ran for 174 yards on them, with Penny getting 129 on 14 carries.
The big picture, however, tells us a different tale.
"I know a lot of teams had this flu thing, and it was legit", coach Pete Carroll said.
Tyler Lockett, who was among the sick Seahawks, was held without a catch on three targets. After a late field goal by the Seahawks, the Vikings had a chance for a hail mary or two. He was targeted constantly by Russell Wilson and company, for good reason.
The two combined to rush for 176 yards and caught five passes while showing the potential of a highly effective two-back system.
- UN chief warns of 'point of no return' on climate crisis
- 9 people killed, 3 injured after plane crashes in US
- Sierra Leone's President Bio hails people living with HIV as courageous
- Apple Could Bundle AirPods with iPhones Next Year
- Winter weather travel advisory issued for the area
- Shanmuga Subramanian, Indian Techie Who Found Vikram Lander Speaks To India Today
- Q2 Weather: Winter Storm Warning through Saturday PM
- France to summon Turkey’s ambassador after Erdogan slams Macron's NATO comments
- France, EU 'ready to retaliate' against United States tariffs
- 49ers' Harris forces Jackson's first lost fumble of season