In nine seasons, Rivera guided the team to a Super Bowl appearance, an NFC Championship and three NFC South titles. Rivera had been the coach of the Panthers since 2011, and led the team to the Super Bowl during the 2015 season.
In terms of Detroit, if the move was ever made, the team would gain an immediate victor who has been a head coach on the highest level if they were to get into the mix for Rivera's services. With the schedule dwindling down, it looks like the Panthers have some work to do to pick up a few broken pieces.
Rivera, the winningest coach (76-63-1) in franchise history, happens to know a familiar face in NY, where Giants coach Pat Shurmur is on the hot seat.
Make no mistake about it; the decision was not easy and Tepper, at times, appeared to get a little choked up as he talked about the man that was just as present in his community as he was on the football field. I wanted to take time and patience to see what could go and how it could go. "He did a lot of good things, I thought, in Carolina, some of which I was there for and had a front-row seat to experience". I want to make sure we're straight on that.
"I'm going to be honest with you, I'm kind of excited", he added, referencing potential coaching opportunities. Though Taylor no longer has to worry about securing his first win, he attracted serious scrutiny by benching veteran quarterback Andy Dalton for rookie Ryan Finley at the trade deadline only to perform an about-face three games later. "I'm really just trying to do whatever I can to be successful versus Atlanta". I think there's a. "So I would really like that and I think any coach in the modern National Football League knows there has to be a certain amount of that".
Rivera made waves in November when he went for two, down eight points, on the road in Green Bay in the fourth quarter. Let's attempt to set aside Ron Rivera the person and instead assess Ron Rivera the Head Coach. Rivera brought stability to the franchise and had plenty of success in Carolina.
Head coaches in any sport are always likely to take the blame for a mediocre season, it's their job, and with that burden comes the additional pressure of performing well, or becoming jobless halfway through the season. Carolina reached the playoffs four times under his stewardship.
Former world No. 1 Tiger Woods on Tuesday said that he had turned down offers to play in the Saudi International tournament, but defended the right of players to participate in the event. "The team was coming off a 2-14 season and you really couldn't find any gear", said Rivera.
- US online shoppers spend 9.4 bln USD on Cyber Monday
- Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin step back from executive roles
- Tories hope election campaign stays on course despite North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit with Trump
- Qualcomm outs larger, more secure, and faster on-screen fingerprint scanner
- Trump Says China Trade Deal Might Have to Wait for 2020 Election
- Manchester City are not low on confidence, says Pep Guardiola
- Rory Burns: Joe Root played beautifully for long-awaited Test hundred
- France, US seek to stave off the threat of tariffs
- Liverpool boss Klopp: Shaqiri looks fresh and strong
- This is what really happened between the Queen and Princess Anne