If the Austrian outfit win the game, Liverpool are already assured of at least a play-off place. However, pessimism has set in that the youth side can progress past Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup after their showing against Red Bull Salzburg today.
Ahead of the 1pm GMT kick-off today, read on for the boss' pre-match thoughts...
The draw for the last 16 of the Champions League is done in line with a number of conditions. "Tomorrow night is a big challenge for us as a team and we want to go out there and show what we're capable of doing", he added. He understands the game because he's been involved in it for a long time and he's there to give us advice.
'That was the disappointing thing at Everton, it wasn't just that we were slightly off.
"He's the first one to say when we make a mistake and we try to make it right in the next game". He knows the quality that we have in the squad with very talented players.
So can they get the job done tonight, or is an enormous shock lurking in wait for us all? The last 15 minutes we were exceptional. Ajax's goal difference of +7 is far superior to any other team in the group, and I'm a little surprised the bookies are offering such a good price for the home team to win.
La Liga champions Barcelona qualified as group winners - for the 13th year in a row - with a 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund.
It was a fantastic performance. "I'm enjoying every day and playing football". But I think we have grown since then. But Lyon - who are away to Leipzig - can still qualify if they pick up more points than Zenit from the final game. "We are still ambitious like insane, will go for everything, we will run for our lives - that's what we are, plus playing football".
On hat-trick hero Jones and his continuing influence... Everybody spoke about youth at the start of the season and transfer bans. The Italian side, however, will have to play against group leaders Barcelona whereas Dortmund have a favourable fixture against Slavia Praha. Against Napoli he did that and more, I thought he was really good. "We need to be more clinical as well and stay as a team".
- Iran confirms prisoner swap with US
- Democrats zoom in on Trump impeachment charges this week
- Tourists Missing, Injured After Volcanic Eruption In New Zealand
- Yuvraj Singh disappointed with India's poor fielding effort in 1st T20I
- LILLEY: 'Two-faced' Trudeau's screw up with Trump could cost us
- Pensacola Attacker Hosted Party to Watch Videos of Mass Shootings
- Frank Lampard Confirms Tammy Abraham Will Miss West Ham Clash Through Injury
- Base gunman visited NY days before shooting
- Indian woman who alleged gang rape dies after burn attack
- Star Fox 2 and 5 more free games coming to Nintendo Switch