Barcelona would have to overcome the trauma of last season's Anfield collapse to beat Liverpool this time around, while City have fallen 14 points behind Klopp's team in the Premier League and would be underdogs should they meet the Reds in Europe again.
Salzburg meanwhile need to win and then hope that Napoli are beaten by Genk. However, Liverpool ultimately showed their quality as they ran out comfortable winners and topped Group E.
Salah has scored nine goals in the Champions League and the Premier League but does not look like the unstopped force that he was in the last two seasons. But, once again, my highest respect for Jesse and his team.
Haaland had a night to forget as well without any goals and only one shot on target.
At just 19 years of age, the Leeds-born Norwegian forward is joint-top of the Austrian Bundesliga goalscoring chart with 16 in 14 appearances.
Instead, he'll have to settle for joint top, scoring in his first five Champions League games.
The Reds are bidding to reach their third Champions League final this season.
"I've met so many people over the past few days who have wished us all the best", Marsch said.
When the draw was made before the campaign, not many would've thought the Reds will have been posed with a must-win game in GW6.
Interestingly, Liverpool are dominating far more of the ball in European fixtures on the road this season compared to last, with an average of 64% possession compared to last season's 54.9%.
What Mane's timely step-up has done is to ensure Liverpool can cruise to wins and extend their excellent unbeaten record to 17 matches.
From there, Red Bull Salzburg would need three goals to move on, but it wasn't meant to be.
A minute later, any hope left for Salzburg to spring an upset evaporated when Salah implausibly scored from the most hard chance he had all evening.
- Saudi attacker 'acted alone' in Florida naval base rampage
- UK PM Johnson sees lead over Labour edge up - YouGov poll
- Alberta loses 18,000 jobs in November: StatsCan
- Democrats zoom in on Trump impeachment charges this week
- Here’s what Lampard wants from his players when Chelsea take on Lille
- Tragedy strikes as 43 killed in fire at Delhi's luggage factory
- Indian woman who alleged gang rape dies after burn attack
- United States reportedly set to delay new Chinese trade tariffs
- Trainer Manny Robles criticises Andy Ruiz Jr's preparation for Anthony Joshua rematch
- Iran confirms prisoner swap with US