It was Acting Director of Cricket Graeme Smith's first opportunity to engage with the media and he also outlined the timeline for the next week as the Proteas begin their preparation for the Test series against England starting on Boxing Day at SuperSport Park.
"I will be appointing batting and bowling consultants, and these will be announced in the next couple of days", he added.
"If you look at rugby, as the Springboks won the World Cup, the experience they had with players playing overseas was invaluable." said the 43-year-old, who retired from the game in 2012 due to serious eye injuries. Boucher will remain the coach of the South African cricket team till the year 2023.
Boucher says that his first task as team director will be to create an environment where the players can regain their confidence and start performing again.
"I've been involved in sides over the years where we have had some tough times".
"One of the toughest was the Hansie Cronje (corruption) saga but straight away after that we beat Australia".
"I think we've got a good chance of turning it around".
Boucher and Nkwe will host a camp from the 18th of December in preparation for the England Series.
The Test squad will assemble on December 18. "My point of call is Jacques".
"We need to turn around the image".
He replaced former Proteas captain Andrew Hudson as the convenor of selectors in 2015 and performed his duties well in the four years he was in charge. While he retired from cricket in 2012, he knows some of recent left Proteas cricketers very well.
Although Smith's interim role is only for three months, Faul later told AFP that he hoped the former captain would commit to a long-term position.
After some time off the Proteas reassembled for a tour to India where they would scrap to a 1-1 tied T20I series off the back of Quinton de Kock but the Test series that followed saw the team deliver a performance that was tepid at best.
- EPL: Teenager Greenwood rescues Manchester United in Everton draw
- Pound surges to two-year high against the euro
- Ousted Labour MP says Boris Johnson lied about 'getting Brexit done'
- CFO Huawei wins Canadian court battle to see more documents in arrest
- Liverpool boss Klopp admits Wijnaldum could be out of Club World Cup
- MP expresses mixed emotions over Scheer's resignation
- MI family's home security camera hacked
- Xbox Series X backwards compatibility will support every generation of Xbox
- Orlando Scandrick: Baker Mayfield Is a 'Joke' Who's Done 'Nothing'
- David Cameron congratulates Boris Johnson, says its end of Corbynism