There will be a wintry mix with snow at times overnight into Tuesday.
St. Joseph school officials cancelled classes for today.
The National Weather Service said that widespread wintry weather is expected from the central Plans to the northeast through Tuesday, while strong to severe thunderstorms are likely across the Deep South on Monday.
That was good news to ski area operators, including the Mt. Baker Ski Area, which opened Sunday and remains open this week.
Parts of Kansas were under a foot of snow.
The Illinois Department of Transportation has had snow plows out continuously since Sunday morning, it said. Wind: N 10-15. High: 33. The National Weather Service said there is "uncertainty" regarding the storm's movement due to how quickly it has already expanded and will continue to expand.
NWS is forecasting 2 to 3 inches of snow late tonight into Monday. The outlook specifically targets northern New Jersey, northwest New Jersey, east central Pennsylvania, northeast Pennsylvania and southeast Pennsylvania. Northern Pennsylvania and much of upstate NY into New England were primary targets. "The precipitation will transition to a brief period of sleet and freezing rain during the morning before a transition to all rain".
Heavy mixed precipitation has caused icy roads and slow traffic in the St. Louis area, posing additional hazards for the evening commute. Well, how about this next little system that's making it's way into ME over the next 24 hours? The high temperature will be in the upper 30s farther south. The Storm Prediction Center reported trees were broken or toppled in parts of Louisiana.
- Weather: Snow, ice in Monday forecast
- Xbox Series X backwards compatibility will support every generation of Xbox
- MP expresses mixed emotions over Scheer's resignation
- Barcelona complete preparations ahead Atletico Madrid game
- Inside Brad Pitt's Christmas with his kids
- Boeing will halt production of its 737 Max airliner in January
- S. Korean rookies victorious in Presidents Cup debuts
- Chelsea hero Melchiot pleads with Lampard: Don't dismantle young team
- Taylor Swift Reveals ‘The Girls In Pop Music’ All Text Each Other
- This breakthrough could make the iPhone 12's camera astonishing in low light