Unai Emery was sacked last month after a slow start to the season, which hasn't been fixed under caretaker manager Ljungberg.
It is unclear when Arsenal will confirm the appointment of Arteta, but it appears increasingly likely he will be in the dugout this weekend when the Gunners play Everton.
Mikel Arteta is planning to raid Manchester City to find his assistant when he is named Arsenal manager. Yet, they are still only seven points from fourth place in the table. "I just suffer like every other supporter".
The 37-year-old will face Oxford United in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup in Manchester City on Wednesday evening.
Arsenal is in talks with Arteta about becoming the second manager of the Premier League club since Wenger left Arsenal after 22 years in May 2018.
"I think it needs to be cleared up, to make a decision so everybody knows", the Swede said after the game.
He got really close to getting the job 18 months ago but back then, Unai Emery was preferred to him by then-CEO Ivan Gazidis.
One such character was Arsenal captain Aubameyang's brother Willy, who took to Instagram to dismiss Arteta's credentials.
A City source said: "it's surprising to hear that plans are being made by Arsenal to unveil our coach as their Head Coach on Friday on the basis that no contact has been made by the Club to discuss this matter".
"At the moment I support the manager in charge, and the manager in charge is [Freddie] Ljungberg".
England's head coach, Chris Silverwood, says there will be no complacency on his part in their four-game series against a South Africa team that has lost their last five tests.
"He's an incredible person... work ethic... and that's why he's with us", said Guardiola.
"I believe that it's not a question of time".
- Following violent night in Beirut: Minister of Interior requests investigation
- Violent protests spread to New Delhi over India's new citizenship law
- NFL Playoff Bracket: Which Teams Can Make the Postseason in Week 15?
- Citizenship Amendment Bill: Unrest erupts in Delhi
- David Cameron congratulates Boris Johnson, says its end of Corbynism
- Russia, China Submit UN Resolution to Lift Sanctions on North Korea
- Australia May See Its Hottest Day Ever Recorded This Week
- Tom Brady Reacts To Drew Brees Breaking All-Time Touchdown Record
- Hong Kong government must 'restore order,' says China's premier
- Liverpool boss Klopp admits Wijnaldum could be out of Club World Cup