The Frenchman has been out of action since September due to an ankle injury, with the midfielder last featuring in the 1-1 draw with Arsenal.
"Sometimes when you see a young player in front of goal, they panic a bit and snatch at things - [Daniel] James and [Jesse] Lingard do that quite a lot. We're working hard to get him back but now he's ill".
His current deal with the Austrian club expires in 2023, but Salzburg's sister club RB Leipzig could sign him for just £20 million in January.
The 2018 World Cup victor remained in Manchester in the end but has made just six appearances for the Red Devils across all competitions this season.
It is ESPN analyst Gabrielle Marcotti who has claimed that the 19-year-old should not move to Old Trafford and should instead join a club of smaller stature before joining a top-level club.
"He [Haaland] knows what he wants to do and knows what he is going to do", said Solskjaer.
It's certainly disappointing news and one Manchester United fans didn't want to hear, particularly after the disappointing draw with Everton.
The Manchester United boss is now preparing his side to face Colchester United in the quarter-finals on Wednesday night, with the club overwhelming favourites against League Two opposition as they bid to secure their place in the last four. "Now we have a chance to get into the semis so this game is a big one", said the Norwegian. "He has the quality not many midfielders in the world have, so it would be great to get him back".
Mason Greenwood has come up through the ranks at Manchester United and this season, the 18-year-old has moved up the pecking order under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. "It's very very hard now to put a team out there without having Mason in my mind, yes." added Solskjaer when speaking about Mason Greenwood.
- Melania Trump has no problem with President Greta Thunberg being harassed
- Anti-CAA protests reach Mumbai; students take to streets
- Anthony Joshua reveals when he will fight Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury
- Toni-Ann Singh, Miss Jamaica, crowned victor of title
- Microsoft Reveals the Xbox Series X, Its Next-Generation Gaming Console
- Boeing will halt production of its 737 Max airliner in January
- Tom Brady Reacts To Drew Brees Breaking All-Time Touchdown Record
- Climate talks end with no deal amid deep divisions
- NFL Playoff Bracket: Which Teams Can Make the Postseason in Week 15?
- Storm Will Bring Mix Of Snow, Rain To Nassau County