Kacific-1/JCSat-18 lifts off from Cape Canveral, Florida, onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 satellite launch vehicle.
The launch window opens at 7:10 p.m. ET and will close at 8:38 p.m. ET and you can stream the mission live here.
Falcon 9 B1056 stands vertical for the third time in seven months at SpaceX's LC-40 launch pad. If successful and the rocket itself is able to land on SpaceX's recovery ship, it'll mark the first time the company has caught both pieces following a single launch.
SpaceX launched a communications satellite built by Boeing on Monday evening from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
The company confirmed that the spacecraft had reached its intended orbit about 28 minutes after launch.
It will provide mobile and broadband services across the Asia-Pacific region. The satellite is shared between Singapore startup Kacific Broadband Satellites, which is marking its first launch, and Japanese operator Sky Perfect JSAT.
Now, all that's left to do is to get the internet connection up and running.
"The Kacific system will be particularly appealing to the needs of health and education departments in provinces and villages".
The Kacific1 satellite is based on Boeing's 702MP-satellite platform. If all goes well, the company will follow the Falcon 9/Dragon flight with launch of an EchoStar communications satellite around March 1. Its objective is to determine if plant cells undergo genetic mutations while in space. The cultures will include variants of coffee and hemp, which is a form of marijuana, to check whether the plant cells undergo mutation when exposed to zero gravity.
"Celebrating this launch with Kacific's global supporters has been an incredible and affirming experience". Researchers would like to study these mutations and see what happens to the plants once they are returned to Earth.
- Boeing will halt production of its 737 Max airliner in January
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf, convicted of high treason, sentenced to death
- Is this Man United man really a better finisher than Marcus Rashford?
- NFL Playoff Bracket: Which Teams Can Make the Postseason in Week 15?
- Australia heatwave: total fire ban in NSW as temperatures forecast to soar
- Storm Will Bring Mix Of Snow, Rain To Nassau County
- Liverpool boss Klopp admits Wijnaldum could be out of Club World Cup
- Melania Trump has no problem with President Greta Thunberg being harassed
- Following violent night in Beirut: Minister of Interior requests investigation
- Hong Kong government must 'restore order,' says China's premier