Minamino impressed against Liverpool in the Champions League this season, scoring at Anfield as Salzburg finished third behind the Reds and Napoli to qualify for the Europa League.
He had 199 appearances for Salzburg, producing 64 goals and 44 assists.
Minamino's former coach has listed off a load of traits that will stand him in good stead for a move to Liverpool and it's important he settles quickly into a close-knit group.
However, the 24-year-old can look forward to further outings in the Champions League.
"It was hard to play against Salzburg full stop, but I thought he was their main man", the Scotland captain told the Liverpool Echo.
He was on target against Liverpool at Anfield in October and struck in Salzburg's crushing 4-1 Champions League win over Genk the following month.
Jurgen Klopp was shown a yellow card along with opposite number Antonio Mohamed during Liverpool's Club World Cup victory over Monterrey - leaving social media users bemused after the weird altercation.
Klopp is delighted to have secured a quality addition to his squad as Liverpool seek glory at home and overseas in 2020.
'Our supporters have had the chance to see him close up recently so I don't need to sing too loudly about his qualities as they are already known.
One Twitter user described Klopp's booking "as crazy", while another said: 'Ref really just booked Klopp... give it a rest!'.
"Takumi is a very quick, very clever player, he finds space between the lines".
Making the gargantuan leap from the Austrian league to the Champions League elite, Minamino has taken to European football like a duck to water.
While often used on the flanks, Minamino has also played through the middle for Salzburg, both as a centre-forward and also a supporting midfielder in behind the leading frontman. "I'm really happy to be part of that team".
- CHEO patients join Prime Minister for Star Wars preview
- Violent protests spread to New Delhi over India's new citizenship law
- Anthony Joshua reveals when he will fight Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury
- Former Pak President Pervez Musharraf, convicted of high treason, sentenced to death
- China suspends planned additional tariffs on some United States products
- J.K. Rowling Is Being Accused of Transphobia for This Reason
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 in China no longer has Mesut Ozil
- Russian Federation blocks Premier League broadcasts by Amazon’s Twitch over lawsuit
- Hong Kong government must 'restore order,' says China's premier
- Is this Man United man really a better finisher than Marcus Rashford?