But there was one moment during the Bucks' 111-104 win over the Lakers on Thursday night that might have indicated otherwise.
It was a career night for Antetokounmpo from long distance against the Lakers, as he connected on five of his eight attempts from beyond the arc.
Anthony Davis paced the Lakers with 36 points, 10 boards, five dimes, and three blocks.
"It's great that we are the No. 1 team in the National Basketball Association right now, but we might see them at the end of the season", Antetokounmpo told reporters.
Antetokounmpo is averaging 31.7 points, 12.8 rebounds and 5.3 rebounds as the Bucks are looking to bounce back from Monday's loss to Dallas.
"I wasn't supposed to be here", the 6-foot-11 Greek Freak said.
"It's not about the matchup, me going against LeBron", the reigning NBA MVP said Wednesday of facing James, who has won the award four times.
Milwaukee led by six after the first quarter then opened the second with a 20-7 run. I wasn't supposed to go up against these two beasts. "It doesn't matter for me if I made one, two or five, I just want to be better", Antetokounmpo said.
But after starting the game well, the Lakers quickly unravelled as the Bucks took complete control in the first half. The Bucks improved to an NBA-best 25-4 record. In his 17th season, James is continuing to produce elite numbers. Others embrace it. Giannis Antetokounmpo falls into the latter category. Three brothers under the same roof, going through the same game, going through our pregame warmup.
- Flu is now widespread in Minnesota
- Vikings’ Cook, Hunter, Smith named to Pro Bowl
- Japanese star Minamino signs for Liverpool
- This week's democratic debate is back - Mother Jones
- Scotland can not be held prisoner by English warns Scottish Nationalist leader
- Donald Trump impeachment: What happens next?
- SpaceX launches communications satellite
- Violent protests spread to New Delhi over India's new citizenship law
- Video shows 2 Carnival cruise ships collide
- Wall Street builds on record-setting rally; FedEx drops