Video footage from the scene captured the Carnival Glory hitting the Carnival Legend and causing damage.
Here is another angle of the cruise ship collision taken from the land.
A guest suffered a minor injury in the evacuation of a dining room. "License and insurance please!"
The Carnival Glory appeared to have sustained damage to its aft decks in the incident.
Eyewitness Matthew Bruin claimed the Glory also almost crashed into Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas.
At least one person was injured as two Carnival cruise ships slowly collided into one other on Friday morning off the coast of the Mexican island of Cozumel. The company has said the seaworthiness of neither ship is in question, but advised guests to go ashore for the day.
Kristina Bryant of Fayetteville is on vacation and said it felt like an quake and a small part of the ship caught fire after the collision.
In response to questions on Twitter, Carnival tweeted that it is assessing the damage to both ships.
It said six guests came to the Glory's medical centre for evaluation for minor injuries.
Leave it to me to report the "cruise news".
- Violent protests spread to New Delhi over India's new citizenship law
- Apple, Google, Amazon are coming together to make your home 'smart'
- This week's democratic debate is back - Mother Jones
- US House votes to impeach President Donald Trump
- Celebrity Reactions to Trump Impeachment
- Wall Street builds on record-setting rally; FedEx drops
- Days after impeachment, Pelosi invites Trump to deliver State of the Union
- Flu is now widespread in Minnesota
- Is this Man United man really a better finisher than Marcus Rashford?
- Microsoft opens up the Microsoft Edge Addons store to developers