Those behind the scenes at Santiago Bernabeu are said to be "amazed" by how quickly the 21-year-old has adapted to life in LaLiga and want to give him even more minutes in 2020.
Gary Neville believes Juan Mata could be the player to solve Manchester United's creativity "problem".
'No one comes in the door without me saying yes. "You get a lot of speculation".
This is despite Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's insisting the former Juventus player remains part of his plans.
"Erling has only been here five months in the team, sure he's outstanding... but, it's football".
"You know other players can bring things to extreme but Paul doesn't like that. It's a proper mental test for a footballer because there's nothing more disheartening".
The France global was sidelined since September with a ankle injury which required surgery, although suspicions were raised when he had been pictured dancing energetically in his brother's wedding. "He's training, but he's not been training with us for long". It depends upon how he feels. You always want to play your strongest team but you have to plan for different scenarios.
He'd be the ideal player to bolster Manchester United's midfield set-up as they look to secure a top four spot in the second half of the season.
The 19-year-old has been a revelation this season, with a staggering 28 goals and 7 assists in just 22 appearances in all competitions.
'I don't think he's en route here, to be fair not through me, anyway, ' Solskjaer said.
- Apple looks into beaming data to iPhones from satellites, report claims
- Patriots Beat Bills for 11th-Straight AFC East Title
- Pats win 11th straight AFC East title
- Democrats pressure Republicans to guarantee fair impeachment trial
- Russian Federation to appeal against ruling that triggered four-year sport bans
- Reports of racist abuse towards Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger during Tottenham clash
- Bucks top Lakers to take NBA's best record
- Indian Muslims needn't fear: PM
- I’m 100% Tottenham, Mourinho says ahead of Chelsea clash
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Comments On Erling Haaland Manchester Bound Talk