The Patriots released Brown days after the 43-0 win over Miami after the sexual assault lawsuit against Brown went public. He has spoken to the league as part of its investigation into the allegations, but the league has no word on any disciplinary action that may be taken against him.
Brown is now NOT on the Commissioner's Exempt list and is eligible to play.
In 10 National Football League seasons, Brown has 841 catches for 11,263 yards and 75 touchdowns.
The NFL is still investigating Brown's recent incidents and has made clear he'll likely be placed on the commissioner's exempt list should he sign with a team.
The Saints already have an elite receiver in Michael Thomas, who leads all pass-catchers with 145 receptions.
Earlier this season, Payton said the Saints weren't interested in Brown.
The Saints are projected as the third seed in the NFC with a 12-3 record.
There are three games that control the Vikings' fate, which means 27 different possibilities - some combination of the winners or ties in the Packers-Lions game, the Saints-Panthers game and the 49ers-Seahawks game. He was cut from the Oakland Raiders and New England Patriots before spending the rest of the year lobbying for another chance to play.
After lobbying a couple of times for a return to the Patriots, the team opted to not look in his direction again, a decision driven by Brown's verbal/social media attacks hurled toward owner Robert Kraft in between apologies.
With just one week remaining in the regular season, it's unlikely that Brown will contribute to the Saints before next year.
He has filed eight grievances against the Raiders and Patriots, a source told ESPN's Dan Graziano.
- Trump, in Florida for Christmas, tweets about impeachment and stock market
- Fatal Gaza strike due to faulty assessment, admits Israel
- 'We need to go game by game' - De Bruyne
- Samsung Galaxy S10 successor won't be called the Galaxy S11 apparently
- Tesco's Chinese Christmas card maker denies using forced prison labor
- Australian firefighters spend Christmas Day containing blazes; temperatures to soar
- The Queen's Christmas speech 2019: A message of harmony and reconciliation
- Injury rules Bavuma out of Boxing Day Test
- Philadelphia Eagles Roundup: Week 17 NFL Power Rankings
- Trump blames Speaker Pelosi, California Gov. Newsom for out-of-control homelessness